Saturday, August 10, 2019

Have a BEE-autiful Day

Welcome by!  I hope you're having a BEE-autiful Day!  When I saw the new challenge over at Moving Along With The Times, I just KNEW that I wanted to play along.  You see, I got a new bee stamp set a while back from Honey Bee Stamps, and I hadn't used it yet.  This fun challenge gave me the perfect opportunity to pull it out and use it.  I also used a cool bee-hive type die-cut from Darice which I have used before; but it was so perfect for this card that I just had to incorporate it into this card.  It's similar to this Hexagon Cover Plate Die, but mine is by Darice.  Once I had my base together with the die-cut honeycombs, I stamped the bee hive, bees and swirls from the Bee Hive Stamp Set from Honey Bee Stamps.
I colored the images with my Copics, added a few yellow prills, and the sentiment I used is from a Paper Sweeties stamp set.  I couldn't find the exact stamp I was looking for.  I just knew that I wanted to create this card because I love the BEES and just hadn't had the opportunity to use this sweet new stamp set yet.  I love how it turned out. 
Here are the challenges where I'm sharing this fun little BEE card.  I hope you're having a creative week as well.  I look forward to getting some projects done this weekend while my boys are busy with work, hockey, and other "guy things".  You'll almost always find me in my craft room on the days they're busy doing other things.  Thanks so much for stopping by!

Blessings,
Karen


Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Add A Die-Cut - I used a Darice Honeycomb Die (similar to this one at SSS) to create the honeycomb background.  I used Honey Bee Stamps Bee Hive Stamp Set from SSS.

7 comments:

  1. Such a fabulous card Karen. Thanks so much for joining us at MAWTT. It's always great when somebody makes a card specifically for a challenge. I'm glad your new stamp set came in useful. We would love to see you again sometime. Christine DT x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super CUTE Karen! I got a new bee stamp set too - the Adorable SSS one - I didn't get the kit, just the stamps cause it was so cute! LOL Your sweet card has inspired me to use it! :)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card Karen - love the way you have let the honeycomb background shine through.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi this is a stunning card. I love it. Thank you for joining us for the Bees Challenge at the Moving Along with the Times (MAWTT) Challenge blog. Hugs Jackie (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous design Karen. The bees are so cute. Thank you for joining my 'Bee Challenge' at MAWTT

    Good luck with your entry

    June

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superbe, chaleureuse et si mignonne, biz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.