Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Spooktacular Fun at Really Reasonable Ribbon

Hello!  It's always a treat when you stop by my blog, and today I'm sharing a "spooktacular" little card I created for Really Reasonable Ribbon.  While I'm not a fan of, or advocate for, Halloween; I do use this wonderful opportunity to share the love of Jesus with the 100+ precious little souls that knock on our door each year.  I mean...when else do you get the opportunity to share God's love with 100+ other people in one day?  Each year, I do up about 100 cute little treat bags with a gospel tract, a small toy, and a few bites of candy.  While I realize that most of the tracts probably end up in the garbage can, I always pray that someone will be blessed by the message inside.
So, for today's post, I'm sharing a fun little Halloween card that was sent off to my niece.  While she's getting (just about) past the trick-or-treating age, she's still a whole lot of fun and I like to send her special cards.  I'm sure you all have those in your life with whom you have that sort of relationship.  Never underestimate just how much it means to someone to get a hand-made card in the mail.  Just knowing that someone is thinking about you can make all the difference; so I encourage you to send a card today.  Someone needs the pick-me-up for sure!
I started with a base of burnt orange corrugated paper, and I also used some American Crafts (Haunted) patterned papers that I had picked up last year.  I always save the extra pieces of patterned paper (called snippets) and I use them (quite often, as you may know) to create my cards. I used a small (October) ephemera piece, a Crafty Secrets image, and a Jolee's candy bar (Darkside Chocolate Bar).  Really Reasonable Ribbon always has the perfect Embellishments, Ribbons, and Adhesives (plus SO much more) to help me adorn and decorate my cards.  How cute!
There are some new products to Really Reasonable Ribbon as well, and I'm SUPER excited about them.  One of these fabulous new products would be the ADORABLE Bronze Pear-Shaped Metal Safety Pins.  They do come in different colors/metals, but I'm obsessed with these.  They're perfect for hanging a small tag or a charm.  SO cute!  And...they are only $2.19 for 100 pieces!!!  I used mine to hang a small tag cut from patterned paper, and I stamped the word "Enjoy" on it.
I also bundled some Violet Burlap String, tucked in some Black Miniature Double Head Stamens, Milk White Miniature Double Head Stamens, and added a double bow tied with Black/White Houndstooth Ribbon.  Like I mentioned earlier, Really Reasonable Ribbon really does have SO many fabulous touches for your crafting projects.  Ribbons, twines, trims, Seam Binding....you name it, Really Reasonable Ribbon definitely has all the spooled delights any crafter could ever need.  But I do hope you'll also check out the amazing rainbow of other accents they carry to help you take your art to the next level.  You won't be disappointed.  Really!  Check out those awesome new Bronze Pear-Shaped Metal Safety Pins.  They'll look so cute on your next project!

Thanks for stopping by,
Karen

I'm linking up in the following challenges:
Cupcake Inspirations Challenge Blog - Challenge #481 - FALL - What a fun color combination, and a great challenge.  Come play along!

Pixie's Snippets Playground Challenge - #363 - As you all know, I always love using paper snippets (leftovers).  I used a left-over snippet for the black banner and the piece I laid across the card.  I love this concept of using up these little snippets and bringing them new life.

Always Fun Challenges - Challenge:  Something Scary - BOO!  I'll bet my Halloween card just scared the pants off of you, didn't it?  Sorry about that.  LOL   Just kinda took my scary card to a sweet place.

Simon Says Stamp/Wednesday Challenge Blog - Simon Says "Fall/Autumn Colors"

Simon Says Stamp/Monday Challenge Blog - Simon Says "Spooky"



8 comments:

  1. A wonderful halloween card! I know my kids have gotten tracts in their candy bags and we have always read them. It’s hard to know who will see them, but you can bless the families who already go to church, too. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turned out grand Karen - I like the cardboard used and that chocolate too - Hope you win that Snippet prize - that would be grand to have in your stash - have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card Karen and I'm sure that some recipients will surely be touched by your sweet kindness and sharing your love of God. Good luck in the draw if you said yes to join in. I need to catch up on comments.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect for our Challenge! So glad that you have shared your great artwork with us here at Always Fun Challenges. Good luck hun and do come back again!
    Jackie DT @AFC

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so cute! I really like the vintage image you used. I am not really a fan of Halloween either, but do make cards to send to my sons and their wives, along with a bunch of candy.

    thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. thankful for every day with the chance to count my blessings, especially since I am doing the cancer thing again. most frustrating part is how it cuts into my craft time. grins! ;)

    have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had me at VINTAGE! All the other goodies are icing on the cake! What a fun little work of art, she'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Karen
    It's me again! I spotted in your comment that you'd be happy to be a guest designer at some pint. If you drop me an email we can share our thoughts as it would be lovely to have you as a GD!My email is di_wray@hotmail.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous Halloween card! The corrugated background and layers of images and ribbon look amazing 😁. Thanks so much for joining the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! Happy and creative wishes, Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.