Wednesday, April 1, 2020

BLESSED

Hello and welcome by my blog, sweet crafty friends.  This evening I'm sharing a "just for fun" card that I created earlier today while I had some free time on my hands.  I had lots of little paper snippets lying around on my craft table from some other projects I've been working on this week.  I love using all those darling little scrap pieces; or snippets as we like to call them.  Seeing them get used up to create something sweet just makes me happy.  This is what I came up with for today's card.
The patterned papers, stickers, etc. are from an Echo Park line called This & That by Lori Whitlock.  I stamped the sentiment (BLESSED) onto the doily die-cut using the Paper Sweeties Stamp Set called Blessed.  I just LOVE the font in this sweet stamp set, and ALL of the sentiments are this adorable.  I use this Blessed Stamp Set a lot.  I added lots of sweet flowers, burlap string, stamens, and felt leaves.
Below are the FUN challenges where I'll be linking up my blessed card.  I sure hope you're staying safe, happy and healthy, and that you're creating beautiful things while stuck indoors.  I'm making the most of my time.  Thanks again for visiting me today.     - Karen
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Spring Mood Board - (see photo above).  I was inspired by all the soft pastels.  I used scraps of paper to recreate the colors that I pulled from the photos.

Mod Squad - Spring Has Sprung

AND...I have another card I'd like to share with you today as well.  I was playing with these patterned papers a bit more today.  Whenever I have a particular line spread out all over my craft table, I tend to use up the scraps and keep making more cards.  Such was the case today with these Echo Park papers and stickers.  I need a little card to send my granddaughter anyway, so.....why not?
The letters I die-cut to spell TAYLEE is from Frantic Stamper.  It's one of the few font dies (alphabet/letters die) I own, but it's a great size and a really cute font so I use it as needed and really like it.  I added my flag banner across the top using stickers, and attached lengths of tied solid pink baker's twine at the top of the banner.  I thank Darlene and Diane (Double D Challenges) for inspiring this card with their fun new "banners" challenge.  Thanks again for stopping by to take a peek, and have a blessed day.
Here's where I'm sharing my card for Taylee:

Dar & Diane's Double D Challenge Blog - BANNERS Challenge

Blessings to you all,
Karen





8 comments:

  1. What a sweet card you have created from your snippets Karen - love the colours and those flowers are amazing.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. You need to enter it into the Snippets Playground.
    [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen this is gorgeous. Love all your snippets....you always have such wonderful embellishments. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are beautiful Karen and you always have the most gorgeous creations that are perfectly layered with details!! Thank you very much for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW what a fabulous creation Karen! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Banners’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous spring card! And great use of paper scraps, I love all your patterned papers. Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Spring has Sprung Challenge
    Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards, love the use of your banners on both of them! Great colors and designs as well! Thanks so much for playing along in our Banners Challenge at The Double D, Donna, DT Member.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.