Monday, March 23, 2020

Encouragement w/Really Reasonable Ribbon

Hello, everyone, and welcome by!  I'd like to ask you all a question.  Where do you purchase all your Ribbons, Twines, Seam Binding, Mulberry Flowers, Adhesives, and.....well, LOTS of great products?  If you're not yet familiar with Really Reasonable Ribbon, I really do suggest that you take some time (since we're all pretty much stuck at home right now anyway, right?) and stop by the Really Reasonable Ribbon store to see what's new and what's calling your name.
My sweet niece, Alexa, is already a tween.  Some of you who know me well might remember her from some of  my posts and photos I've shared about her over the years.  She's growing up so fast, and I enjoy watching her grow.  I'm THRILLED that, even as a tween, she still thinks I'm super cool.  I hope that never changes as she gets older.  I've worked very hard to maintain my relationship with her and to let her know how much I love her, and now that she's in middle school; I continue to encourage her.  I realize this is a challenging time in any kid's life.  That's why I made this little frame and card to send her.  Just for encouragement.  And heaven knows that we can ALL use some encouragement now and then.
First is this little frame I picked up on clearance at Michael's for 49 cents.  I added a few floral prills in the grooves of the frame, placed a journaling card in the frame, and then adorned the frame with several fabulous Mulberry Flowers.  I started with a big beautiful White Magnolia Flower and then added several Sweetheart Blossoms and Miniature Sweetheart Blossoms including blues from the Mixed Blues assortment, and several pastels from the Mixed Pastels assortment, and one Red Sweetheart Blossom.  I also bundled a bit of Ivory Burlap String underneath the White Magnolia Flower.
Next, I made a card to (somewhat) match.  I used lots of snippets (scraps) of paper to create the background and sentiment.  I love using up little snippets so that all those cute little pieces can come together into something useful.  I used pieces of Scor-Tape to attach all the patterned papers and stickers.  Then, I added a bow that includes a length of Bay Leaf Seam Binding, Vivid Pink Seam Binding, and 1/2" Red Wrinkle Ribbon secured with an adorable Rusty Pear-Shaped Safety Pin from our Embellishments section. ADORBS!
Thanks so much for stopping by.  Please take time to visit Really Reasonable Ribbon to see what's new.  There are SO many FAB products, and you're sure to find something you love.  Stay safe and healthy, and may God bless you all.

Karen

I'll be linking up in these fun challenges:

Pixie's Crafty Workshop: Pixie's Playground - Challenge #374 - As explained above, I used lots of great snippets on this one.  I just placed all the little left over strips of paper here and there to create my background.


5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, and such a beautiful bow. Alexa is blessed to have such a kind and thoughtful aunt. We are starting online class today, and I have been replying to posts made by my kiddos, just to be sure they can enter the online platform and to see how they are doing. One little girl is heartbroken over the fact that she won't get to have her birthday party in a few days. Cards are REALLY important right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a gorgeous pair of projects for your niece,Karen - I am sure they will be appreciated and treasured. They are absolutely exquisite
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen! How lovely to see you in the Playground - sharing your wonderful inspiration. I bet your niece adores you much more than you know - the best kind of Auntie! I had one, albeit a friend of my parent from me being a little tot, and I still smile at the things she taught me, the time she spent with me, how I could always be 'me' with her and how she wrote to me every single week during the four and a half years I was at boarding school - especially as she already had two kiddies of her own. She left one heck of a legacy and I feel blessed to have been loved by her. I'm only glad I spent so much time with her in her later years - I can hear her giggling as I type. Mary, you were the greatest role model, apart from my own Mum, that I could have wished for. I'm only glad she and her wonderful husband aren't here struggling with what's going on. He passed away two days after she did and they left an enormous hole in my heart.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.