Thursday, May 7, 2020

Using What I've Got

Welcome back to my blog today, friends.  It's always a treat to have you visit me and take a quick peek at what I've been creating.  As I've mentioned, I'm trying to learn some new techniques and not create inside my comfortable little "box" as they say.  I've been trying my hand at some watercoloring and other techniques.  I was recently blessed with two wonderful prizes (during the Spread Joy Blog Hop); and one of the things I got with one of my gift certificates were some beautiful Liquid Watercolors from Taylored Expressions.  And while I'm the first to admit that I don't really know what I'm doing with them, at least I'm trying.  I'm watching some tutorials and videos on YouTube and trying to find new ways to create backgrounds and incorporate some new techniques.  It's fun.
I started with a multi-layered/multi-colored cardstock base, and then I used a piece of white water color paper to paint my background.  Once I'd painted my background piece, I used a piece of water color patterned paper from Whimsy Stamps and I fussy cut the flowers.  The colors are an exact match to my background, but they compliment one another nicely.  I do like that watercolors are messy because that gives me a little wiggle room to make mistakes.  I also like making some cards that are flat enough to mail.  That's a new concept for me.  LOL
The sentiment (Happy Birthday) was stamped with Mud Pie Ink using the one (and only) stamp set I own from Reverse Confetti.  It's called Sentiment Essentials, and it has nice big bold sentiments.  I've used it for all my RC projects this month.  I really wanted to play along in their challenge, but since I own only that one stamp set (so far), I had to USE WHAT I'VE GOT.  As Tim Gunn always says on Project Runway,"Make It Work".  I don't play along in very many challenges, but this is one I really want to enter.  I "need" more of their wonderful stamp sets, and I'd like to win some to help put a dent in my cart total ($$ LOL).  It's all in fun anyway, right?  And it wouldn't be called a "challenge" if it didn't actually challenge me a bit.

Thanks for stopping by, friends.  I really hope you're all staying safe.  I don't think this pandemic is now quite as big a deal as the media wants to make us think.  We need to be safe and intelligent about our choices; but we also need to remember that God didn't intend for us to worry.  He's here for us, and He's fully prepared to let you cast ALL your worries on Him - because He cares about us.  There is nothing that can ever separate us from the love of God.  He is ALL we really need, for now...and in the end.

Take care, and God bless y'all.
Karen

I'm linking up my card in these FUN challenges:
Reverse Confetti Stock Your Stash Challenge - May/Happy Birthday - I used a Reverse Confetti stamp set on my card called Sentiment Essentials, and I used it for the sentiment.  I love the big bold, fun sentiments in this set. 

C.R.A.F.T. Challenge - Challenge #555 - May 2020 Annual Birthday Blog Hop - Birthday Theme

Dare 2B Artzy - May Challenge: In The Garden


9 comments:

  1. Karen, beautiful card with those large florals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your beautiful water-colored background and those beautiful flowers! Such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! Love the watercolor look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your water colouring Karen - and a bunch of beautiful flowers to go with your lovely background.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic background and as you say it compliments those flowers perfectly.
    Thank you so much for entering our birthday blog hop at CRAFT Challenge remember to add this card to each DT blog to be in with a chance of winning more prizes.
    Hugs Sheryl xx
    CRAFT DT
    Cat Crazy Craft Corner {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh que c'est joli, bel effet de pastelle, biz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those flowers are perfect for the watercolored background. Sounds like you are having fun learning new techniques, and your card certainly is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card thanks for joining us at Craft with our Birthday celebrations

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for joining us at the CRAFT challenge for our special birthday blog hop!

    Debbie
    CRAFT DT
    decraftsblog.wordpress.com {my blog}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.