Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Sent From My Heart

Hey there, sweet blog friends.  Welcome by today as I share a card I created for Really Reasonable Ribbon.  I always enjoy adding those special little touches to my cards and projects, and Really Reasonable Ribbon always has just the right products.  My card started with a kraft paper base and a piece of corrugated cardboard.  I inked everything, and I stamped some backgrounds onto the kraft paper.
I ran a length of Bluebird Plaid Ribbon up the left-hand side of my card, and slightly overlaid that with a length of Ivory Crochet Lace to create a soft colorful border and pop of color on the left side.  Next, atop these trims, I bundled some Natural Burlap String and topped it with a few pastel (pink and blue) Miniature Double Head Stamens.  And finally, I topped this little bundle with a sweet Light Blue Magnolia Flower.  I also attached a Rusty Pear-Shaped Safety Pin.
The die-cut hearts I used are ones that have holes for hand-stitching.  So, in this case, I used the Natural Burlap String to lace my hearts.  You can also use Baker's Twine in any color which is also super cute in stitching dies.  The sentiment is from Paper Sweeties.  I also added a few prills, and obviously, I used a lot of ink on everything as well.
There's always something perfect for your next project at Really Reasonable Ribbon, and always lots of great inspiration on the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog.  We hope you'll stop by often.

Blessings,
Karen

Dar and Diane's Double D ChallengesStitches Challenge - As explained above, I used two heart shaped stitching dies.  I used Natural Burlap String to hand stitch the hearts.  I absolutely LOVE hand stitching, cross stitching, etc.; so this challenge was perfect for me.  LOVE it.  Here is the inspirational photo for this fun challenge.

6 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card! Love the blue and prim hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful textural card Karen - love it! I have been missing your blog entries - hope all is well for you and yours.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous design and gorgeous PROJECT to suit our current challenge.
    Many thanks for entering your gorgeous card into our challenge of STITCHING at Double D challenges…
    Good luck in the draw and hope to see you here again.

    [aNNie design team member for Double D Challenges


    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card with all your lovely details you have added and the pretty blue and kraft are stunning together! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really lovely. The hearts, the ribbons and I do love corrugated paper. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Karen this is absolutely outstanding! Beautiful stitching and overall design! Wonderful inspiration!!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Stitches’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.