Monday, September 28, 2020

Let's CELEBRATE

Hello, dear blog friends!  Welcome by again today.  I sure hope you're all staying safe and healthy and getting in lots of great crafty time.  I've been doing some reorganizing in my craft room; and in the process, I ended up making some cards so that I can play along in some of the FUN challenges out there in blog land.  I don't get to enter a whole lot of challenges so it's always fun when I do.  This card was a lot of fun to create.

I started by messy inking some white water color paper.  I'm on the hunt for the "perfect water color paper" and I know it's out there.  I just can't find what I'm looking for, and I'll keep my eyes peeled until I do.  I reached out to another crafter to ask about what she used, and I'm going to give that a try.  I want that really porous paper that soaks up the water color.  Anyway....I used the messy inking technique on my background, and then again to stamp and cut my balloons.  In the process, I also realized that I need a new balloon stamp and die set - so I'm on the hunt for that as well.

I attached my messy inked background to a piece of blue cardstock and then attached a pink print patterned paper (from Crate Paper).  Once I had all my background pieces in place, I stamped and cut the balloons and added those to  my card using a Paper Sweeties stamp set.  I stamped my sentiment in black ink using another Paper Sweeties stamp set.  The colors I used are all found in the pretty logo from Seize The Birthday where they're celebrating their 200th challenge.  Their Design Team posted some amazing inspiration cards, and I recommend you stop by to check them out and maybe even play along.

The finishing touches include a few sequins and some glitter on the balloons.  I just LOVE these sweet colors.  AND....it's always a treat to make cards that are just for fun.  I'd love to hear your thoughts on my card.  I also invite you to play along in these fun challenges as well as at Word Art Wednesday.  The more, the merrier, right?

Have a blessed week and I hope you'll visit again soon.
Karen

Here's where I'm playing along:

Seize The Birthday: 200th  Challenge - You can read all the details above; but let me say....I was SO inspired by the logo and their talented Design Team.  You really should check out their awesome creations, and come play along.  This is my 3rd and final entry in this challenge.  SO much fun!

As You Like It Challenge Blog - Brights or Pastels - It's so hard to say which I prefer because even this card is "pastel", and yet it's kinda bright.  I'm not a big fan of the primary colors when I'm creating; but I do use both.  If I absolutely had to choose.....I'd say pastels.  Aren't ALL colors beautiful?  I sure think so.


3 comments:

  1. This was a fun challenge and I adore your water-coloring of our logo. Good luck and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your sweet comment! My team rocks!! I am so lucky! I can totally see how you were inspired! Love that ribbon too! Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Seize the Birthday and joining us for our 200th challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.