Sunday, October 4, 2020

Perfectly Plaid

Hello, friends!  I'm here today sharing a Christmas card that I made just for fun.  I was inspired by the talented Vicki Dutcher of the Just Us Girls Challenge Blog with her sweet plaid Christmas coffee card, as well as all the other designers' cards.  What a fun challenge.  And I just LOVE plaid, so I couldn't resist making a card to play along.  I used a gray cardstock base and added some fun patterned papers from a Carta Bella line called Christmas Delivery.  I inked the edges and then machine stitched my patterned papers.  I used this same line to add the journaling card and stickers for the sentiment and presents.  The small white doily is a Papertrey Ink die-cut.

I also used a Papertrey Ink die to cut the holly and ivy from wool felt, and I added some White Double Head Stamens, bundled Black Burlap String, and some red glittered berries in the upper left-hand corner to give my card some dimension.   It's a fairly simple card, and I suppose it's a good thing to get started on those Christmas cards, huh?

I hope you're having a great week, creating pretty things, perhaps even playing along in a few fun challenges.  I wish you all much happiness and joy during these difficult times.  As always, I encourage you to pray and keep your eyes on the Lord for all the answers you need.  He  loves us so much, and He wants to hear from us. Enjoy this time of year instead of dreading it.  Jesus is always the best way to find happiness.  It's like that old saying....."No Jesus, NO peace.  Know Jesus, KNOW peace".  I wish you peace and joy, my friends.

Have a blessed day!
Karen

I'm playing along here in these FUN challenges:

Just Us Girls Challenge Blog - Week #556 Word Week: PLAID - I was so inspired by the designs of the talented team there, and just had to create a fun card to play along.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Karen! I love the doily, plaids, felt--everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely Christmas card. Love the holly and the berries. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card design is wonderful, Karen, and I love the mix of plaids. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.