Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Celebrate Christmas Critter Fun

Those of you who know me best are well aware of my deep love for all things Crate Paper.  They have made, over the years, very little that didn't appeal to me.  The lines I love most, I have LOTS of and use frequently.  Every now and then, I (or should I say we) get lucky and find things we love at a bargain price.  Such was the case with my beloved Crate Paper, a line called Snow & Cocoa, and a few random trips to my local Tuesday Morning stores.  There are two near me, and I try to hit them when I'm in that area.  I found several products from the sweet Winter Crate Paper line called Snow & Cocoa.  I went to Pinterest for some inspiration, and I found some.  I'm not real sure who originally made this card first shared on scrapbook.com.  Using that inspiration, here's what I created to share with you today....just for fun.
I started with patterned paper from the Snow & Cocoa 6x6 paper pad by Crate Paper.  Pretty much everything I used is from this sweet line.  I was lucky enough to find at Tuesday Morning the Snow & Cocoa Pom Poms, the chipboard jar with cellophane cover, the ephemera (deer, snowflakes, stamp, etc.), a white doily, and Black Licorice Baker's Twine.
The gold word JOY is actually printed on the cellophane cover on the jar; which is nice because it's a built-in sentiment.  There was lots of great ephemera in the various packages I purchased.  That's another reason why I LOVE Crate Paper so much.  All their lines comes with all the sweet extras you need (ephemera, stickers, journalling cards, chipboard, etc.) to make something lovely.  Anyway....I won't bore you with my deep LOVE for all things Crate Paper and my strange obsession with their lines/products (that I tend to hoard like a mad woman).
It's just cute stuff, right?  I didn't do anything difficult here.  No stamping, no real "technique" so to say; but it's FUN nonetheless, and I always enjoy these sweet products.  I love the layers of paper, etc.  I also like inked edges.....if you haven't noticed.  I'm excited that I'm able to enter a couple challenges this week, as I haven't had much time lately to do so.  I hope you're having fun whatever you're up to this (busy) week.  Take time to remember Jesus....the real reason for Christmas.  He's always thinking of you.

Blessings,
Karen

Here's where I'm playing along this week:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Simon Says "Christmas Critters" - My critters on this project are the deer on the background patterned paper, as well as the deer inside the jar, and even a polar bear on the stamp.

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Simon Says "CELEBRATE" - This card was made to celebrate Winter, and to help its recipient (my niece) to take in all the JOY around her this season.  She lives where there actually are deer (not like here in Las Vegas).  She'll enjoy this, and it will help her to CELEBRATE Christmas.

2 comments:

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.