Saturday, February 13, 2021

Forget Me Not

Hello again, dear blog friends.  This is my third post for today.  If you're looking for my Paper Sweeties post for today, you can find it right HERE.  As I mentioned in another post today, I had some spare time yesterday afternoon and evening to create a few cards that were "just for fun" that I could enter in a few of my favorite challenges.  I was inspired by the inspiration photo over on The Card Concept Blog and used that, along with their DT inspiration, to come up with my idea.
This card is another Slimline that I made; again using my one and only slimline die set.  I just used it a bit differently on this one.  I used the same Echo Park Flower Market patterned papers and stickers as my other slimline card posted today.  I added some fun Crate Paper leafy stems/branches tied with Cherry Red Baker's Twine, and topped with Sweetheart Blossoms, and Open Roses.  I also tucked in a bright pink Maya Road stick pin.  The pretty background is one of the lovely Flower Market patterned papers.
It's always fun when the patterned papers have so many great colors from which to draw.  I tried to pull out the reds by using the solid baker's twine, and the floral prills blended several colors.  Adding touches like canvas gives such a nice warmth and texture.  Sometimes I'm "extra" with my art.  No apologies.  My husband suggested I leave that whole bottom piece off the card entirely.  "Less is more" he said.  I added anyway.  Sometimes I just can't help myself.  LOL
At the bottom of my card, I added a small scrap of torn canvas and added a small piece of torn washi tape, a small metal-rimmed tag, a small rusty paperclip, some stickers, and some flower prills in yellow, red and pink.  I love the softness of this card despite my use of black.  I'm actually pretty happy with the way this card came out, and I'm reminded that sometimes I surprise even myself.  LOL

Have a blessed day!
Karen

Here are the challenges I LOVE where I'm playing along and sharing my sweet slimline card:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog - Simon Says "Make A Slimline Card" - all the details to my slimline are listed above.

The Card Concept #148 - Inspiration Photo - I loved the colors in the inspiration photo SO much that I made this, my second entry for this challenge.  I loved the combination of pinks and dark colors (browns, blacks).  I saw that several of the DT members used black in their inspirations, and that also inspired me to bring in the black.  The hearts on Kim's and Nancy's cards also inspired me to make the heart my focal point of my card.  Thanks for ALL the great inspiration on this one, ladies.

Cut It Up Challenge Blog - Challenge #219 - All You Need Is Love - This is a Valentine's Day card that I made for a friend to give her special friend.  I love using HEARTS and my slimline die set came with the lovely hearts that I used to cut my patterned papers.  This die-cut set has been very useful.  You can see the detailed stitched edges in the die as well.  It's a really nice die-cut set.

Dare 2 Be Artzy Challenge - February Challenge:  Love

4 comments:

  1. Oh what a gorgeous card Karen - love it, a beautiful valentines card
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is stunning. I love the papers and all the hearts and flowers. Thanks for sharing at Cut it Up for our All You Need is Love challenge!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to have you play along again over at The Card Concept! I love all the fun textures and elements you included in your beautiful Valentine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous slim line card! Your card uses textures so beautifully. Thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.