Sunday, February 14, 2021

It's Paper Sweeties New Release Sneak Peek Day

I'm SO happy that you've stopped by my blog today because I have some EXCITING NEWS to share with you all.  Eeeek!!  I'm squealing with excitement here.  Well, as most of you know of me...I love to create with all things CUTE, and Paper Sweeties is full of cuteness, sweetmess, and all things lovely for crafting.  Well, today is not only  our February Sneak Peek Day at Paper Sweeties; but it's also the my first time designing as part of the Paper Sweeties Sweet Kit Design Team.  What does this mean?  Well....let me tell you.  You're going to fall in LOVE with the Sweet Kits - just like I have.  How fun!  My teammate, Maria, and I are the newest Sweet Kit Design Team Members.  We hope to inspire you to LOVE these sweet kits as much as we do - they're FULL of darling things.  Just look at this kit.
The Paper Sweeties Sweet Kit is a quarterly kit FILLED with the most lovely assortment of crafting goodies.  When I opened this Sweet Kit, I was squealing with excitement - just thinking about all the CUTE things I could create with tall of this.  You get a different assortment in each kit containing things such as the newest mini stamp set and sweet cuts (this quarter, the CELEBRATE Set), as well as things like patterned papers, baker's twine, an embossing folder, 2 gorgeous glitter/sequin assortments, darling washi tape, several Doodlebug embellishments, fabric swatches (I had SO much fun with those, as you'll see), and the list goes on.  Each quarter, the Sweet Kit is a bit different, but always FILLED with SWEET creative potential.  The photo above will show you exactly what is included in this 1st Quarter Sweet Kit 2021.
The first card I'd like to share with you today (shown above) was SO much fun to make.  I used several of the lovely items found in the 1st Quarter Sweet Kit.  I started with some green patterned paper from the 6x6 Doodlebug paper pad and I inked the edges with Pea Pod Ink Pad.  I used other pieces of paper from the same paper pad (all found in Sweet Kit) for the fun strip running down the center of the card.  I layered some cut square and rectangle pieces of the fabric swatches and machine stitched them to the patterned papers to create a fun background.  Since there was already a sentiment printed on the patterned paper, I just stamped the word HAPPY in Coal Black Ink using the Blessed Stamp Set.
Once I stitched the patterned papers and fabric swatches, I added a couple pieces of the torn washi tape (from Sweet Kit), some mini staples, an acrylic Doodlebug accent (in Sweet Kit), and I added a white mini clothespin to the top right of the card that's topped with a Doodlebug gift brad (also from Sweet Kit).  On the left, I added a cute Doodlebug Button (from Sweet Kit) to the top of the clothespin.  As you can see, my posts are lengthy this month because I had SO much fun creating all these great projects using this darling and FABULOUS 1st Quarter Sweet Kit from Paper Sweeties.
For my second card (above), I used some more of the sweet fabric swatches to cut a little "faux pocket" (using pinking sheers) that I machine stitched.  I used a piece of the washi tape, small acrylic hearts, the Doodlebug Buttons and Orange Baker's Twine, all found in the Sweet Kit, to decorate my "pocket".  The small cupcake at the bottom right is also a Doodlebug Embellishment found in this adorable Sweet Kit, as are the 6x6 Doodlebug Paper Pad that I used for my background and the CELEBRATE Your Birthday that's stamped with the new CELEBRATE Stamp Set (and cuts) found in the 1st Quarter Sweet Kit.  WOW!  That's A LOT of SWEET stuff, and a sweet deal.
How CUTE is that washi tape?  The sentiment CELEBRATE/Your Birthday was all stamped using the DARLING new CELEBRATE Stamp Set.  This is such a FAB stamp set to own because, as we all know, Birthday cards are something we need all year long...over and over again.  This sweet set covers Birthdays as well as seven (7) other occasions that can be used all use year-round to make cards for our family, friends, and loved ones.  This set covers just about every occasion you can imagine; and it also contains two darling images.  There's a cute cupcake and a darling little gift package.  And, as always, there's a new Celebrate Sweet Cut to coordinate for easy die-cutting of the images.  You will LOVE this useful new set, and it will be available for sale as of tomorrow in the Paper Sweeties Shoppe.
When I have such CUTE products sitting on my craft table, I can't keep my hands off of them..so, I made a couple more cards to share with you today that will help give you additional "peeks" at this sweet new Celebrate Stamp Set and 1st Quarter Sweet Kit.  There's just SO much cuteness.  I used a piece of patterned paper from the 6x6 Doodlebug paper pad found in the Sweet Kit as my card base.  I took a piece of white cardstock, and brushed on an inked background using the Ballerina Pink Ink Pad.  I stamped the "Your Special Day" all over the background using Grey Fog Ink Pad.
OK, I mentioned earlier that there's a "gorgeous glitter" assortment in the 1st Quarter Sweet Kit; and let me tell you, "gorgeous" doesn't even begin to describe this stunning glitter assortment.  It has three styles in the mix.....a rose gold larger circle, a smaller soft pink circle, and a micro-sized iridescent glitter.  These photos don't do justice to how pretty this glitter is in real life.  There's a second mix in the kit as well.  It has flatter pieces that I'm showcasing on some of my other projects (see Valentine's card below).
Once I had all the layers glued together, my base was inked, stamped, and ready to go....I smeared (yes, a very technical term here) craft glue here, there and (almost) everywhere.  Then, I sprinkled the "gorgeous glitter" mix on  my card.  The glitters attached themselves where I'd smeared the glue.  I let it dry completely before I attached it to the card base.  I dabbed the edges of all my paper layers with the Grey Fog Ink Pad.
I thought long and hard about adding more to this card; but I decided against it.  I just can't bring myself to cover up that gorgeous glitter.  Who knows....I may add to it later.  Possibly some Seam Binding, or a pretty Abigail.  The possibilities are endless at Paper Sweeties.  And how cute is that sentiment?  Like I mentioned above, there are a total of eight possible occasions/sentiments you can get from the new Celebrate Stamp Set.  You could use this design to create a quick and easy card for anyone...any occasion...and Paper Sweeties has everything you need to recreate this design.
And because it's Valentine's Day today, I couldn't resist sharing another little Valentine's glassine bag I decorated.  For this card (shown above and below), I used the With Love Sweet Cuts to cut the heart.  I used some vintage sheet music, white cardstock that's dry embossed using the hearts embossing folder, and I added some of flat sequin mix (both of these items are included in the 1st Quarter Sweet Kit).
Down at the bottom of this card, you'll see some small wool felt hearts in cream and red that I cut using a small heart die found in the Coffee, Yes Please Sweet Cuts.  Some glittery music paper and patterned papers from Recollections, and a bit of Cherry Red Baker's Twine finish my cover.  I hope you can see where I used this darling hearts Embossing Folder on the cover and tucked in the back pocket.  It's a really cute one, and is yet another goodie included in the 1st Quarter Sweet Kit.


I hope you'll stop back by tomorrow and Tuesday for the rest of our New Release at Paper Sweeties.  And, my talented teammates each have some lovely inspiration to share with you each day as well - including our newest Design Team Member, Teresa Plunkett.  You can visit all their FAB blogs by clicking on each name above.  I know you will LOVE what you see.  My sweet and talented teammate, Maria Patrick, has also joined the Sweet Kit Design Team this month, and I know she will have some DARLING ideas to share with you all using the AMAZING new Sweet Kit.

Have a blessed and creative day!
Karen

P.S.  I just learned that the 1st Quarter Sweet Kit has already SOLD OUT.  However, there are still a few of the darling new CELEBRATE Stamp Sets & Die Cuts.  You can still get this sweet new set before they're all gone as well.  There are always lots of great options at Paper Sweeties.



4 comments:

  1. Oh what a wonderful kit Karen, and a fabulous selection of projects for your DT debut. Congratulations, and well done, you have been busy with all of this. This brand really is right up your alley! A fabulous 'fit' for you!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful array of gorgeous creations Karen. Big congrats on your new path in life.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWZERS, Karen! What fabulous projects -- ALL 4 OF THEM! You hit a home run with the goodies from our 1st Quarter Sweet Kit! I so enjoyed reading your explanations of everything too - I could 'feel' your excitement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super lovely creations using the new Sweet Kit, Karen!! Thank you for the shout out!! Tons of beauty with all the lovely layers, well done!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.