Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Hip Hip Hooray!

Hip Hip Hurray, and welcome by today!  It's always a treat to have you visit my blog.  Last night I had some time to myself, and I was able to make a couple things for some fun challenges where I love to play along.  I don't always find the time to create just for fun; so it's always a treat when I do.  I made a tag using lots of (long ignored) washi tape for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge that I shared on my Instagram Page.  I also created this sweet Summer card for another FUN challenge blog, Dar and Diane's Double D Challenge Blog where they are celebrating Summer.  Let's face it friends.....I don't need for it to be Summer to celebrate with ice cream.  But it's as good as excuse as any other.
I used a white cardstock and a few of my much-cherished Emma's Shoppe patterned papers, a sticker, and a journalling spot from Crate Paper.  I used a couple of different Paper Sweeties stamp sets.  One was for the sentiment, and the other, Sweet Wishes, was for the adorable ice cream cones.  I stamped the cone on cork paper, and I stamped the ice cream parts on white cardstock and colored them with my Copics.
I wrapped some Raspberry Baker's Twine around my card to give it some extra texture and personality.  I absolutely LOVE baker's twine.  When I was finished, the card just needed a little somethin-somethin at the top; so I added a Tim Holtz miniature rusty paper clip, and placed a small pink metal flower on top of that.  You know me....more is more.  I tend to pile it on, and I'm just FINE with that.
As I mentioned, I'm playing along in some FUN challenges that I'm linking below.  I hope that you've had a creative week, and that you're playing along in some fun challenges as well.  I always appreciate your visits and comments, and I look forward to seeing what YOU have been creating.  Have a wonderful week, everyone.

Karen

Here's where I'm playing along:

CRAFT-alnica:  Challenge #291 - Pike (Use Polka Dot Patterned Paper) - I used a yellow with white polka dots


8 comments:

  1. Oh sure thanks ... now I'm hungry for an ice cream cone! LOL This is fabulous Karen ... love your overall design! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Colors of Summer’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful summery card Karen - love the little paper clip and flower - a gorgeous accent
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this yummy card, Karen. You're a master at combining patterned papers to make beautiful cards, and you always add those extra little elements to take your card to the next level! You're one of my all time favorite card-artist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Krasna voščilnica. Hvala, ker s pikami sodeluješ pri CRAFT-alnici!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute card, I love the patterned papers you have used here. They are so vintage-y and cute. Great take on the Mood Board, thanks so much for playing along with us over at Double D.
    Judy~DD DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful ice cream card. Thank you for joining us in Craft-alnica. Goga

    ReplyDelete
  7. great summer card, I love it.
    Thank you for playing with us at Craft-alnica where I am a Guest Designer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.