Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Thank You

I just love that Mod Squad Challenge Blog is hosting a month of giving THANKS to many of the generous sponsors in our crafting community.  I've had the honor of making and sending two cards this week for generous sponsors supporting challenge blogs.  As a challenge blog owner  myself, I'm very much aware of how difficult it can be to fill all those challenge spots for the year with a generous sponsor prize.  It means the world to us, as much as it does to the ultimate winner of that prize.  I take time often to pray for the generous sponsors at Word Art Wednesday and all around the crafting community who support these FUN challenge blogs.
So, as I stated, this card was inspired by a few challenges taking place this week.  The first of which is the theme of "giving thanks" over at Mod Squad Challenge Blog.  The next challenge that inspired me was the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog where they ask for dry embossing.  I've been meaning to pull out and use some of my embossing folders; and this card uses two (hearts on the pink, and Swiss Dots on the woodgrain).  I also added a Maya Road canvas tag, some Solid Ivory Baker's Twine, and a stamped sentiment from Stamp Simply Clear Stamps.  That leads me to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where they call for a sentiment.
Lots of miscellaneous Crate Paper and various patterned papers were used to piece together my card.  I used some dark blue ink as well as burlap ink on this card.  I cut the doily from one of the patterned papers (floral) using a die-cut from Papertrey Ink.  I love adding various layers and textures to my cards and projects.  Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I'm excited to be sharing my card in the FUN challenges listed below.

Blessings,
Karen

I'm linking up here:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog - Add A Sentiment (thank you)

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog - Dry Embossing - I used two dry embossing folders.  One is the hearts (on pink patterned paper) and the other is the Swiss Dots folder used on the woodgrain paper.

Mod Squad Challenge Blog - Thank You/Month of Thanks - As explained above, I've sent out a few cards this week to various sponsors of challenge blogs to show my appreciation for their generous support.  Some of theses special sponsors include Kitchen Sink Stamps, Gina K Designs, and even Kim Heggins (currently sponsoring at Time Out Challenge Blog).

Time Out Challenge Blog - In honor of all the generous sponsors in our crafting community this month, I've been sending out thank you cards to some of them.  I was able to send one to Kim Heggins, to Gina Krupsky, and this one will go to another generous person who deserves to be recognized.  I was inspired by the warmth of Kim's bag and the comforting colors she used.  Thanks again, Kim.










9 comments:

  1. How kind and thoughtful of you Karen and your card is fabulous, like the many beautiful layers you created!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wonderful collage you have created on this card. There is so much texture here, I wish I could reach out and touch it. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous and textural card Karen - gorgeous
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay I’m number 1,000! Congrats 😀

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah, love this awesome textured card too 😀

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love our sponsors - nice that you send a card Karen and a lovely cards at that! I am sure they enjoy receiving them! Beautiful Thanks cards - hope you win something from the challenges you entered - enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Karen, I love the color combo, the textures and layers. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. So great to see that you used fabric on your card and it still looks modern! Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.