Wednesday, September 8, 2021

New Release Stamps at Brutus Monroe

As most of you probably already know, I joined the Brutus Monroe Design Team back in June.  I've been having SO much fun creating with their awesome Inspiration Boxes.  Well, today I'm sharing something a little bit different.  I was asked by my friends at Brutus Monroe if I'd be interested in working with some new stamps they're releasing this fall.  Of course, I knew right away that I'd enjoy creating a few cards with their awesome stamps from this new release; so I said yes.  When I first received these stamps, I wasn't quite sure what I create with them.  I had to put on my creative thinking cap.
I was sent four (4) different stamps from this new release at Brutus Monroe.  One was a long (12-inch approximately) tree line stamp, one was Christmas ornaments, one was a mushroom image and script stamp, and the last was the gift packages stamp that you see above.  For this card, I used a black cardstock base layered with a white cardstock base and a plaid patterned paper.  This gifts/packages stamp is the real STAR of this card.  You could actually use this stamp year-round - either as a Christmas card (as above) or as a Birthday card.  I kept my card simple just to show you how EASY it is to create a cute card using this stamp.  It's all one stamp (the gifts), so.....POOF, super easy to create.  I tied on some Solid Red Baker's Twine, added a small chipboard (love) sentiment, and....finished!
Out of these four adorable stamps I was sent, the mushroom was probably my favorite.  I used a black cardstock base and then layered several scraps (or snippets) of patterned papers.  I used the masking technique to add the script.  If you're not familiar with the masking technique, it's simply where you cover one image (in this case, the mushroom) with a piece of paper in that shape to protect it from getting any ink on it.  Once the mask was placed on the mushroom, I stamped the script over it.  Finally, I stamped the sentiment on a journalling sticker, and I stamped the acorns in this sweet set to use as little accents.  Some inking with Tim Holtz Oxide Inks always seems to be the perfect touch.
My third card uses the ornaments stamp set with Ho Ho Ho sentiment from the Fall New Release at Brutus Monroe.  I had SO much fun making this one.  I used white and red layered cardstocks for my base, and I cut the area where I stamped using a die-cut and more white cardstock.  I stamped all those darling little ornaments using various Tim Holtz Oxide Inks.  I wrapped some Solid Yellow Baker's Twine around my card, and that was it.  Brutus Monroe makes it so easy to stamp cute cards.
This last card uses the Ho Ho Ho sentiment once again, and also uses the (very long - 12 in. approx.) tree line stamp from the New Fall Release at Brutus Monroe.  This stamp didn't completely fit into my Mini Misti, but it still works with it.  So, what you see here is only a portion of the stamp.  I placed some Moon Dust Stickles underneath the sentiment.  The trees are colored with my Copics.  These new stamp from Brutus Monroe make stamping a cute card SO easy.  Be sure to check out all the fun new stamps at Brutus Monroe. Thanks for visiting me today, and have a creative week.

Blessings,
Karen

Here are the fun challenges where I'm playing along:
Pixie's Crafty Workshop - Challenge #411 in Ruby's Memory - I'm entering my mushroom card (above) because (as you can see) I used several different snippets of patterned papers to create the background.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Simon Says "Sparkle & Shine" - I've entered my bottom card with the tree line.  I used Stickles to add sparkle underneath my HO HO HO sentiment.  


6 comments:

  1. Good morning Karen.
    you have been a busy bee they cards are all so nice. what a good mix of cards. love the new release from Brutus Manroe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen, love these cards; especially the mushroom one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fabulous cards Karen - love that you have let the stamps shine by keeping the cards relatively CAS. That mushroom/script card is exquisite, my favourite of the four
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super looking stamps and a lovely selection of creative cards.

    I'm standing in for Miss Di on the commenting front while she's recovering from her fall. So please come and visit the Playground Tree House for some mischief while you can!

    Thanks for playing in the Snippets Playground.
    Hugs from the Snippets Head Prefect. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful selection of cards Karen! I love them all - but the snippets one is actually my very favourite!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards! The mushroom card is stunning!! April x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.