Monday, October 4, 2021

MONSTER Fun w/Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps

Well, hello there friends!  I haven't made a scrapbook page on quite some time; but I had someone ask me about putting together a scrapbook for them.  When I saw the darling Monster Friends Digital Stamp over at Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps, I knew that I wanted to incorporate it into a scrapbook page.  Please bear with me through this long blog post.  I had some difficulty photographing the 12x12 scrapbook page, so it's in several photos.
In the upper left-hand corner of the page, I created a monster by hand-cutting pieces of felt and gluing them together.  The papers I used are tattered, torn, ripped, grunged up and painted.  It's supposed to look as though a "Monster" or two devoured the page.  The darling little monsters in the Monster Friends Digital Stamp were perfect for this layout.
I did some machine stitching and I left a large photo mat.  Rather than leave the photo mat white, I decided to give it some fun color by using the Paint Splatters Stencil from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps.  It's such a great Stencil for adding quick color and excitement to any background.  Don't the monsters look great there?  The Paint Splatters Stencil gives the perfect splatters of color I needed.
Scrapbook pages were my first real love - before I found card-making, that is.  I still have loads of cute old scrapbooks that I made when our kids were younger (and I was......much younger LOL).  It's still fun to create the scrapbook pages.  I just need to learn how to photograph them better if I'm going to start making them again.  I wanted you to be able to see all the machine stitched details, those cute Monster Friends, and the warm layers of paper.
I wish I had a way to put the sheets of felt through my printer so that I could have printed those adorable Monster Friends onto felt.  I'm sure there's a way to do it.....if one owned a much higher quality printer than I do.  For now, they were simply printed onto paper and colored with my Copics.  Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps carries oodles of clear stamps and digital stamps.  They carry a bit of everything.
The Monster Friends Digital Stamp contains two images - one tall skinny monster and one short stout monster.  They're both adorable, and I used my scissors to fussy cut them after coloring them.  I used 3-D Foam Tape to raise them up on my scrapbook page.  Thanks so much for stopping by to take a peek at my Monster Fun scrapbook page featuring products from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps.  I appreciate your visits, your comments, and your friendship.  I hope to see you and your latest creations again soon.

Blessings,
Karen, Guest Designer
Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps

I'm playing along here:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog - Anything Goes

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog - Anything But A Card - This is a 12x12 scrapbook page.


3 comments:

  1. What a fun page and such cute monsters Karen :)
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. that card is just so very cute.great designing, I have a lot of Robot paper if you can use it let me know..
    Hugs
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your GD at Sweet and Sassy --- this is a beautiful layout using their products - I like the felt monster and all you have done here - bravo - so grand!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.