Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Cozy Cabin Inspiration at The Card Concept

Hello, everyone, and thanks for visiting me today as we start a FUN new challenge over at The Card Concept.  Below you'll see the inspiration photo for this challenge.  The colors are what first grabbed my eye because I LOVE working with the blues and red combo, and I'm also drawn to the retro feeling that this color scheme gives my creative mind.  I was also drawn to the water/boat in the inspiration photo.  Lots of great ideas go through your mind, right?  What speaks to you here?
I started my card with some cardstock and then layered some fun patterned papers including a cute red gingham (did you see those cue curtains in the inspiration photo?) and a word print patterned paper; and I cut them using a fun die-cut frame set from The Greetery called Crimped Frames.  I also used that same die-cut set (small size) to cut the OA journalling card I used.  The fun stickers are also OA (October Afternoon) from my stash.
The stamped sentiment is found in the adorable At The Beach Stamp Set from Paper Sweeties.  I also added some Baker's Twine in Solid Red and Aqua simply because I can't resist.  Those of you who know me well are aware that I tend to layer A LOT onto my poor little cards.  LOL  I'm always more than happy to answer any questions about products I use on my cards and projects as many of them are treasures from my stash.
We can't wait to see what you'll create to share with us at The Card Concept Challenge.  Thanks again for your visit here today, and have a blessed week.  Happy crafting.

Karen

3 comments:

  1. What a great retro 'feel' to this sweet card Karen
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    MAxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card, lovely beach scene, makes me feel the sunshine that will be arriving in a few months my way. Hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this beach card, you chose the perfect die cuts and embellishments. it is just what many need with some still having COLD weather. its been in the 80* here in Fl.
    Blessings my Friend
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.