Friday, February 18, 2022

Thinking of You

This is a sweet card I made this morning using a sweet stamp set that I got when I had my Stampin' Up catalog party not too terribly long ago.  They do have have many lovely sets, and as you all know; there are wonderful products out there from a great number of amazing companies.  I wish I could own them and create with them all.  But for today, this is what I've whipped up to share with you.
I started with a black and then a purple cardstock for my base.  The purple floral patterned paper is from Whimsy Stamps.  I cut a piece of white watercolor paper and used Tim Holtz Oxide Inks to stamp the sentiment, flowers and leaves.  I also ran a piece of green Seam Binding across my card, and attached a Tiim Holtz rusty mini paperclip to the water-colored sentiment piece.
I didn't have any purple floral prills (the tiny beads you see above) so I stained some white ones and glued them to the flower using craft glue.   I just love all the pretty purples in the stamped florals and I love that by using my Misti for stamping, I can add in the different layers of color.  There's no question that the Misti is a must-have crafting item.
Thanks so much for visiting me again today.  I'll be sharing this card in the challenges I've listed and linked below.  I do hope that you are having a creative week as well, and I hope you're finding some fun challenges where you can share your art.  Have a blessed week, everyone.

Here's where I'm playing along:

As You Like It Challenge Blog - Favourite Occasion (and why??) - My favorite "occasion" is NO occasion at all.  I think my favorite occasion is every day because if we don't use today to let people know how much we love and appreciate them, they may never know.  Use today as your "special occasion" to tell someone that, hey.....I'm THINKING OF YOU.

Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge Blog - Challenge #2207 - Anything Goes

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely floral set Karen, and gorgeous paper from Whimsy Stamps too. You have created a lovely card
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Karen, lots of spring colors purple lavender and greens. I for one am so glad the weather is getting warm now.
    Have a Blessed weekend.
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, my favorite color combo! Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.