Sunday, March 6, 2022

Happy Birthday w/Crate Paper

Welcome by again, friends!  Thanks for visiting me and taking a peek at this sweet little card I made this afternoon.  I have a large collection of Crate Paper products; and when I say large, I actually mean huge.  As many of you know (because I say it a lot), Crate Paper is my all-time favorite paper, etc. company.  Second only to October Afternoon - and I have a lot of that as well.  lol
I started with black cardstock and layered some pretty Crate Paper patterned papers that I die-cut with my Crimped Frames Dies from The Greetery.  I seem to be using them quite a bit lately.  They're just so cute.  I layered the Crate Paper patterned papers, stickers, etc.
I did a bit of machine stitching (in black) around the edge of the card.  My Brother sewing machine is incredibly confusing when loading the bobbin and I struggle with it EVERY time.  Right now, it's not working right (bobbin not loaded properly) so I can only straight stitch, and it's a little wonky.  I'll be watching the YouTube video AGAIN this afternoon.  Grrrrrrr.
I'd been seeing a lot of these wool felt balls in other artists' photos and I've always thought they're just so sweet.  Well, I had to find some for myself; and in true "me fashion", I bought every color.  I know.  The only other things of note for this card are a bit of watercolor painting I did on the patterned papers, and a small bit of stencilling on the patterned paper as well.  Thanks so much for visiting me.

I'm playing along in these FUN challenges:

Time Out Challenge Blog - Challenge #208 - 8th BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION at Time Out.  Special thanks to Sandie and the gang for maintaining this amazing challenge blog.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog - Simon Says "ADD A DIE CUT" - I used Crimped Frames Die Set from The Greetery.



Blessings,
Karen

3 comments:

  1. What a striking card Karen - love that beautiful die cut Happy Birthday - that really 'makes' the card
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    MAxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun birthday card! I love the different details and patterns from the designer papers. Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Karen...another simply fabulous and beautiful birthday! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.