Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Spring Gardens at The Card Concept

Welcome by today, creative friends! Are you ready for another GREAT challenge? Well, if you're creating anything that says Spring, we want you to share it with us at The Card Concept. There's a lovely inspiration photo to give you a starting point, but you're free to create ANYTHING that means Spring to you; and we can't wait to see what you will share with us over at The Card Concept Challenge. My talented teammates have created some gorgeous inspirations as well. Here's the inspiration photo that was my initial inspiration. What does it say to you? 
The colors are interesting together. A mauvy pink, a sky blue, a fern green and a taupe tan.... ish assortment. I wasn't quite sure where I should start. Should I go literal again this month (by using the boots on my card or a hat, etc,) or should I try something different? I was truly SO not sure what I was going to create for this particular challenge. And then..... I went and sat at my craft table. This is what happened. 
I knew right away that I wanted to use the Spring Market collection from Carta Bella, so I pulled out my bin and got busy. I used some white cardstock, Spring Market Carta Bella patterned papers, did some machine stitching in black, and inked pretty much everything. The journalling spot is a PTI doily die-cut onto which I stamped a Carta Bella Spring Market stamp set sentiment (live life in full bloom) and wreath.
 I added some bundled Natural Burlap String, a Doodlebug green button tied with Solid Pink Baker's Twine and a cute little Maya Road canvas tag underneath the Carta Bella chipboard rainboots. I think that's just about everything. But please let me know if you have any questions about what I used. I'm SO grateful that you stopped by today.
Have a blessed day.  I sure do hope you'll join us at The Card Concept.  We love seeing everyone's creativity and wonderful artistic ideas.  Happy crafting, everyone.

I'll be linking my card in the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog - Simon Says "Favorite Things" - I LOVE that song from the Sound of Music BTW...some of my favorite things include die-cuts, twine, and lots of layers with texture.

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Simon Says "Feminine"

Thanks again for visiting.
Blessings,
Karen


4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous 'springy' card Karen - love how all the elements have come together so beautifully
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    MAxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Karen How very Beautiful! I love the Boot and Button the papers I see you located the papers you were looking for.
    Have a very Blessed Weekend
    hugs
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is a wonderful celebration of all things spring Karen! I especially like the gingham background, the sewn details and that cute button and twine embellishment. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.