Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Wearing Green at The Card Concept

It's time for another FUN challenge over at The Card Concept, and we have another awesome inspiration photo to inspire you.  I love the greens in this color scheme, and I also loved the bicycle image.  I knew right away that I wanted to incorporate both of those things (the given colors and the bike) so I took stock of my options from what I own, gathered up the appropriate supplies, and got busy creating.  My goal was to not wander far from what I saw in this awesome inspiration photo.
The greens along with the yellow and brown is a very pretty color combination.  I started with some cardstock and then layered some patterned paper.  I used a piece of white watercolor paper to paint a focal spot that I cut with Crimped Frames Die Set from The Greetery.  I used a mishmash of stamps on this card including Paper Sweeties (bike) and Inspired by Stamping (sentiment).  I also added some Solid Black Baker's Twine, a Tim Holtz miniature rusty paper clip, and a Miniature Sweetheart Blossom.  I water colored some Lemonade Oxide Ink onto the background of the focal spot.
This bicycle didn't really have much of a "basket" to fill, and I couldn't find a shamrock stamp in my stash to save my life (although I still believe I own at least one).  I stamped several small hearts around the "basket" of my bicycle instead of the clovers, and I planned for a tree as well, but simply ran out of space on my card.   I also did a bit of black machine stitching on the layers of patterned papers in my card. It doesn't matter what elements in the photo inspire you.  Just create something fun.
We sure do hope that you will stop by The Card Concept to join us for this FUN challenge.  There's lots of great inspiration there as well, and it's always more fun when you can join the fun.  Just let that inspiration photo speak to your creativity and then jump in.  Have a blessed week, and I'll see you out there in blog land.

I'm playing along here:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog - Simon Says "Add A Die-Cut" - As mentioned above, I used a die-cut set from The Greetery called Crimped Frames Die Set.

Colorful Options Challenge Blog:  March, GREEN (See Inspiration Photo Below)
Have a blessed and creative week,
Karen

7 comments:

  1. Good Morning Karen:
    what a sweet card love the colors, for this project.
    it is just a sweet card.
    Blessings
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, reminds me of my first bike, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Perfection on the Card Concept Challenge achieved! Well done! Love the use of real stitching as an accent. Cheers, Makira.
    PS. I do not know if you are aware of the challenge Colorful Options. This month's color is green and we would love it if you shared your cards there. https://colorfuloptions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning, it's Makira again. Thank you for sharing at Colorful Options Challenge! Cheers 💚

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodevening Karen , a lovely bike card with nice colors
    Have a great weekend , bye Epie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and inspiring creation Karen! Love it! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Colorful Options!
    Darlene
    COLORFUL OPTIONS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.