Monday, April 11, 2022

We Go Together Like Peas & Carrots

Welcome by again, friends.  Thanks for visiting me today as I share a cute little card that I created using a FUN washi tape from Love My Tapes.  I've been having SO much fun creating with the beautiful washi tapes from Love My Tapes.  This card was a lot of fun to create, and I hope it will inspire you to grab your washi tapes and create something with them.
I started this card with a black cardstock base and I attached a piece of corrugated cardboard to give it some fun texture.  Next, I used the awesome Woodgrain Washi Tape to create my shiplap background.  I took the Woodgrain Washi Tape and placed several strips of it on a piece of white cardstock and then cut the slats using a cool die-cut from The Greetery.  Once I had those cool looking woodgrain slats, I placed them on my card to design a crate of sorts.
I also made a matching envelope that uses a piece of the Woodgrain Washi Tape and some adorable Bunny Stickers from Love My Tapes.  Their products are just SO super sweet and you can do so many fun things with washi tape.  I do encourage you to at least stop by and take a look, maybe treat yourself to a few new rolls of wonderful washi.
Next, I cut small circles and colored them green to create some peas.  The carrots are hand drawn and hand cut.  I placed them on the wood slats here and there.  I used some more of the Woodgrain Washi Tape to create one more shiplap slat where I stamped the sentiment "We Go Together Like" using the We Go Together Stamp Set from Paper Sweeties.
The finishing touch was a piece of Apple Green Baker's Twine that I wrapped around the sentiment strip.  Oh, friends....you will absolutely LOVE all the super sweet Washi Tapes you'll find at Love My Tapes.  They also carry lots of great journalling stickers that work well for Bible journalling, card-making, scrapbooking, and decorating envelopes (among other things).  Be sure to stop by Love My Tapes to check out all their WONDERFUL WASHI.  Thanks again for stopping by and have a great week.

I'm playing along here:

Double D Challenge Blog - Easter Inspiration Photo


Mod Squad Challenge - Anything Goes

Inspiration Station - Challenge #27 - RABBIT FOOD - I was inspired by the VEGIES (peas and carrots) which, of course, bunnies just LOVE to eat.

Simon Says: Sweet Treats - SSS Monday Challenge Blog - I wasn't quite sure about my Peas & Carrots being a "sweet treat", but when I saw that SSS DT Member, Andrea, had SARDINES for her sweet treat; I knew I'd be just fine.  LOL

Make My Monday Challenge Blog - Challenge #172 - Use Washi Tape - As explained above, my entire background is made from WASHI Tape.

Blessings,
Karen




10 comments:

  1. Darling card, pretty faux wood background, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card Karen, cute design!! Thank you for joining our fun at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}
    {Double D}
    Don't forget we have a year round Halloween challenge at Two Old Bats Halloween, giving you a chance to make Halloween cards year round, and with 50 or more players we have a prize to give away!
    {Two Old Bats}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun card and Love My Tapes is a new company to me so I'll definitely be checking them out. Thanks for joining in the challenge at The Inspiration Station!
    Donna
    The Inspiration Station Challenge
    The Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, this card is so stinkin' CUTE!!! I LOVE the carrots, the corrugated cardboard, and the washi boards. And using the twine is a perfect final touch!! Thanks for playing along with us once again over at The Mod Squad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Karen this is so, so cute! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Easter’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    P.S. Thanks for also playing along at Inspiration Station!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great project - love the texture and layers.

    Thanks for joining us at the Inspiration Station Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun design. I love the idea of 'peas and carrots'. Thanks for joining my challenge at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing card Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday challenge

    auw wat een supertoffe kaart, Leuk dat je meedoet bij Make My Monday challenge

    Hugs

    grtjs Claudia

    DT Make My Monday challenge

    https://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.com/
    http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be
    http://girlzrebelchallenge.blogspot.com
    https://girlzcreativecrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great card! The washi tape is fabulous, and I love using the green rhinestones for the peas! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday! Hope to see you in the gallery again, soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.