Monday, April 25, 2022

Wonderful Washi w/Love My Tapes

Have you stopped by Love My Tapes yet?  If you haven't, I do hope you will check out this wonderful Etsy shop.  It's filled with the most lovely washi tapes and journalling stickers that will give you endless creative options.  I've sure been having a lot of fun challenging myself to find new and creative ways to use washi.  I have two fun cards to share with you today using Love My Tapes washi.

This first card was a lot of fun.  I used a stamp set from Dare 2B Artzy that's called Textures Totally Tracy.  It's a set I don't remember to use nearly enough, but that's much the case with many of my stamps.  Once I'd created my messy background, I added some pieces of the pretty Pink & Yellow Floral Washi Tape and Ruler Washi Tape.  I added some Spun Sugar, Lilac, Raspberry and Storm Tim Holtz Oxide Inks. to "mess it up" even more.  (lol)

The sentiment (Hello) is a die-cut from Frantic Stamper.  I laid a few strips of Black Checker Washi Tape in a row on white cardstock and then die-cut my word (Hello) so that the black letting would stand out against the Floral Washi Tape.  You'll also see that I added some of the Ruler Washi Tape to my card.  That's another one I seen to be using quite a bit.
My second card was also a lot of fun to create.  I used another somewhat forgotten, but much loved, stamp set on this one.  It's from Kitchen Sink Stamps and it's called Letters From The Past.  I created my fun background, and added Amber, Hickory Smoke and Burlap Tim Holtz Oxide Inks to create the card base.
I used only one washi tape on this card - on the left-hand side of my card.  This one is called Postmark Washi and I thought it matched my theme well.  There are SO many great washi tapes at Love My Tapes and I hope you'll take a peek to see what grabs your attention.
I also used a pretty Journalling Sticker from Love My Tapes.  They have so many cute stickers for journalling, envelope art, and lots of other creative uses.  Just let your creativity run wild.  Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and happy crafting.

I'm sharing my washi cards in the following challenges:


Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Rain or Shine - I'm entering the yellow sunshiney card with the watering can image in this "Rain or Shine" challenge.

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Whatever the Weather - I'm entering the second card (grey and sunshine yellow card with watering can image).  We have to water the flowers, whatever the weather.

Inspiration Station - Challenge #28 - April Showers - I'm entering the sunshine yellow and grey card (second card above) and I added a grey watering can and sunshine yellow flowers. 

Colorful Options Challenge Blog - April Yellow Inspiration Photo - I'm entering the second (the sunshine yellow and grey card) above.  The gorgeous yellows in this inspiration were SO inspiring.
Keep creating!

Blessings,
Karen

4 comments:

  1. Really imaginative use of Washi tape on your beautifully designed and stamped cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards that have that Mixed Media Vibe. Thanks for sharing your lovely project with us at The Inspiration Station Challenge and we hope you'll visit us again soon.
    Donna
    The Inspiration Station Challenge
    The Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards love the compositions and the clever use of materials. Thank you for sharing with us at Inspiration Station, good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Karen ... these are AMAZING!! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Inspiration Station!
    Darlene
    INSPIRATION STATION
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    P.S. Thanks for also sharing with us at the Colorful Options Challenge! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.