Monday, September 19, 2022

Autumn Splendor

Hello friends and thanks for stopping by my blog (again?) today.  This is one of those rare days that don't come along very often.  My boys (hubby and son) were busy doing other things, so I was able to get some crafty time in today.  I didn't make anything especially fancy, but I have been able to have some serious FUN just creating cards for no real reason.
My blog friend, Esther, inspires me on a regular basis.  If you're not already following her blog, I know she would appreciate it.  AND...you won't want to miss seeing any of her fabulous cards.  She's always trying new things and she inspires me so much.  Anyway, she had created a gorgeous card using this same stencil from Papertrey Ink and I fell in LOVE with it.  It's on clearance, which was a blessing.  The only thing I was expecting is how big it is.  This is a large card.
After I had done the stencilling, I ran the paper through my Cuttlebug using a Tim Holtz embossing folder, and I inked the card a bit.  I bundled some Brown Burlap String and topped that with a die-cut deer.  The die-cut deer, sentiments, Fishtail Banner Dies, and smaller deer stamp are all from Stamp Simply.
Thanks so much for visiting.  If you have any questions, just let me know.  I'm SO super grateful to have you visit my blog, and I'd be delighted to have you follow me if you're not already doing so.  I'm always happy to follow your blog as well if you leave me a message.  I SO enjoy being inspired by the art of others.  Have a wonderfully creative week, everyone.  I'm sharing my card in the challenges listed below.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Little Critters - Now, they are little when they're born AND they are little when you compare them to, say.....a whale, a hippo, a rhino.  Right?

Inspiration Station - Challenge #37 - Autumn Splendor - I was inspired by the deer in the photo for this card as well as the browns and warm tones/textures in this gorgeous inspiration photo.
Can You Handle The Pressure Challenge Blog - September: Anything Goes w/Twist of Fall/Autumn - I used a Tim Holtz embossing plate for this card.

Colorful Options Challenge Blog - September Challenge: Beautiful Browns (Inspiration Photo Below)
Have a blessed day,
Karen

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous card Karen and I love those special crafting sessions..the one'w where you sit down and create for no special reason other than having fun. Thanks for playing along in our challenge at The Inspiration Station. We appreciate the support and love seeing everyone's projects.
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Karen what an absolutely beautiful creation! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Can You Handle the Pressure challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

    Darlene
    Can You Handle the Pressure
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    P.S. If I hadn’t already mentioned it, just wanted to let you know that we have another new challenge blog. This time it’s all about using your STENCILS. I hope you’ll come check us out and play along at Crazy is our fame – STENCILS are our game (aka STENCIL FUN CHALLENGE. The fun begins OCTOBER 4th … Hope to see you there!

    PPSS ... thanks for also sharing this beauty with us at Inspiration Station and Colorful Options. Good Luck

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.