Saturday, September 17, 2022

Coffee Anyone?

Hello, friends.  Well, if you're anything like me; then coffee is a daily essential and you'll completely understand these cards.  Every now and then I just get the (strong) desire to make a coffee card.  In fact, today I'm sharing two different coffee cards because once I get started, it's not easy to just put away my coffee stamps and walk away.  You get it, don't you?
I used basic black cardstock on both cards.  On the first card, I went with more of an Autumn theme.  I used some patterned paper scraps at the bottom, and I inked some watercolor paper for the rest.  I added some Marigold Oxide Ink and then I stamped my sentiment using a stamp set from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps.  The coffee cups are also from the same Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps set.
The cute cookie die-cuts are from The Greetery, and I cut them using corrugated cardboard.  One is an adorable graham cracker, and the others are sugar cookies.  This is such a sweet set and I love to use it with coffee cards and at Christmastime, of course.  I mean, come on...who wouldn't LOVE a big latte and some sugar cookies?
My second card uses a Taylored Expressions scalloped frame and a Gina K. Designs smaller rectangle frame.  The stamped sentiment (GATHER) is from Paper Sweeties.  Again, the cookies are from The Greetery and the coffee cups are from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps.  I tied some Solid Baker's Twine around each card and added a sequin to each.  I think that's about it.
Just let me know if you have any questions about anything I used.  I'll be sharing my delicious coffee/cookie cards in a few challenges that I love.  They're listed below.  Thanks so much for stopping by today, and please visit again soon.  I love and appreciate your visits to my blog more than you'll ever know.  Stay creative and blessed, everyone.

Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge - Challenge #9 - Christmas Cookies or Candy w/Coffee - As I explained above, I used cookie dies from The Greetery and coffee images and sentiments from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps (sponsor) as well as Paper Sweeties (sponsor).
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Simon Says "Use Die Cuts" - I used several dies on my cards including Taylored Expressions frame, Gina K Designs frame, and The Greetery cookies.

Christmas Card Throwdown - September Challenge: Winter Fun - I'm entering my Christmas card.  It features Christmas cookies (dies from The Greetery) and warm Christmas lattes.  Baking Christmas cookies is always a BIG part of our family's Winter Fun when we GATHER together.

Tic Tac Toe Challenge #179 - My Tic-Tac-Toe for this challenge comes from my first card (top of blog) and it's found going down the left-hand side with Fall, Plaid and Die Cuts.  My colors are Fall colors, my patterned paper is plaid, and I used cookie die-cuts.
Inspiration Station Challenge Blog - Challenge #37 - Autumn Splendor - I was inspired by the warmth of the Autumn colors in the inspiration photo (below).  It got me thinking about all things warm and comforting that we all enjoy at this time of year.
Happy crafting, everyone!
Karen

11 comments:

  1. these are great!!! I'm going to make a couple cards so I can try and get my mojo back thank you Karen for inspiring me.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. What yummy creations! You've certainly whet my appetite - and more importantly my mojo! Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier and leaving a lovely comment! I'm delighted to follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your coffee and cookie elements are all so cute! This is a really fun card! I like how you incorporated cardboard as well! Thanks for playing along at Tic Tac Toe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightful cards Karen - and yes, coffee is an essential - at least in my book :)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards and perfect for the Autumn season. I love coffee, especially in the afternoon. Thanks for playing along in our challenge at The Inspiration Station. We appreciate the support and love seeing everyone's projects.
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome inspired card! Love all the elements you've added ! Thank you for playing the TTTC with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty cards, thanks for joining us at the Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've no idea either, hahahahaha! Both of these cards are just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. magnifique carte Karen, chaleureuse et cosy, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are beautiful! Great designs! https://sawitlovedithadtomakeit.blogspot.com/2022/09/caffeinated-christmas-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome cards! Love the cookies and the beautiful design paper fits really well! Thank you so much for playing along with 52CCT. Rosi x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.