Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Happy Halloween

I'm laughing at myself right now.  I needed to make a Halloween card for a Guest Design spot I'm doing this month.  So I got busy and made this cute little Halloween card only to realize that I missed the whole point of this particular challenge blog.  It was supposed to include die-cuts and I didn't actually die cut anything on this card.  While some of the things I used are actual die-cuts, I didn't cut them, so I don't think this card counts.  I figured that I'd just share this one for fun and start over on what I need to get done for that GD spot.  LOL
I used a mish mash of patterned paper scraps that were laying around on my craft table.  I inked them and machine stitched them together.  You can't even see the orange polka dot patterned paper I used on the bottom half of the card.  I added a small white doily that I inked with Concord Tim Holtz Oxide Ink.
I tied in some black seam binding, solid purple and solid orange baker's twine, some double head stamens, and I topped that with a Jolee's glittery spider.  The cat and pumpkin are chipboard images from Echo Park and the Happy Halloween die-cut is from that same collection.
Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I'll be sharing this fun Halloween card in the following challenges where I enjoy playing along.  I hope you're enjoying some challenges this week as well.  Happy crafting.

I'm playing along here:
Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge Blog - Challenge #2241 - Anything Goes



Inspiration Station - Challenge #39 - Trick or Treat - The colors in this photo inspired me as well as the pumpkins, cat and all the fun of trick-or-treating.
Stay creative.
Blessings,
Karen

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE every single detail about this card, what a fabulous design!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Two Old Bats!
    Diane TOB Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Two Old Bats}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though you had to start over for your GDT spot, I'm happy to see this card as it's Spooktacular! Thanks for sharing with us at The Inspiration Station Challenge!
    Donna xx
    The Inspiration Station Challenge
    The Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute card love the embellishment, lovely card
    Blessings & hugs
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.