Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Pumpkin FUN at The Card Concept

Are you ready for a super FUN challenge?  Well, my friends and I over at The Card Concept are hoping that you'll stop by to share your art with us in the challenge starting today.  The gorgeous inspiration photo is just a starting point for your creativity.  You don't have to follow it literally....just let it inspire you and come play along with us.
Just look at this gorgeous inspiration photo.  My first idea was to use one of my scale stamps, but when I actually sat down to create my card, I ended up going a different route.  You can create anything you want; just let this photo speak to you and inspire you.  What catches your eye when you see this?
What really spoke to me in the inspiration were the colors.  When I saw those pumpkins made out of bandanas, I just couldn't resist making some black and white pumpkins of my own.  While we all know that pumpkins don't come in these patterns, it's still FUN and that's what art is all about.  I used basic black and basic white cardstocks for the base.
I used a Brick Wall Stencil from Funky Fossil Designs to create the inked background.  The ovals for my pumpkins were cut using the Scalloped Oval Frames Dies from Paper Sweeties.  I cut them from patterned papers.  The foliage was cut using the Orchard Leaves Dies from Poppy Stamps and the pumpkin stems (and some leaves) were cut from corrugated cardboard.
The sentiment (thanks so much) is from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps.  A few little sequins and a rusty paperclip were the finishing touches.  Really nothing fancy, but some super fun pumpkins for sure.  I do hope that you'll stop by The Card Concept to share your art with us.  We really enjoy having you play along.  Have a blessed and creative week, friends.

I'm playing along here:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog - Simon Says "Thanksgiving/Thankful"

Dar & Diane's Double D Challenge Blog - Thankful, Blessings, Grateful Challenge

Stencil FUN Challenge Blog - November: Anything Goes/Optional Twist: Autumn Colors - I used a stencil from Funky Fossil Designs


Blessings,
Karen

9 comments:

  1. Oh what fabulous pumpkins Karen, and a stunning card - Love it!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! I love the different take on the pumpkin colours, what a great design and card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I adore these artsy pumpkins! so different and awesome! So glad the you shared them with us at Double D Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Karen, this is just awesome! Love your pumpkins and don't forget to come share this beauty with us on our stencil challenge ... I'll share the link below! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    PS ... Stencil Fun Challenge: STENCIL FUN CHALLENGE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, love your take on our challenge! Those black and white pumpkins look fabulous, sweet friend! Hugs and I hope you have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely card great choice of colors and cardboard sets it off.
    Blessings my friend

    ReplyDelete
  7. so pretty and stunning card , congrats , happy day

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you shared this beauty with us Karen! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our STENCIL FUN challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

    Darlene
    STENCIL FUN CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful creation! The pumpkins are very very original! Beautiful choice of papers!
    Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge November "ATG".
    Ileanaxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.