Thursday, December 15, 2022

The Stockings Were Hung

Hello, everyone, and thanks for stopping by my blog today.  This post is exciting for me because it's not a Design Team "required" post; but rather, it's one of those rare "just for fun" posts where I was able to create a card simply because I've wanted to play along in a few of my favorite challenges.  That's always exciting for me.
This card started with basic black cardstock and some of the pretty patterned papers found in Carta Bella's Home for The Holidays 6x6 Paper Pad.  I added a red cardstock border using a PTI border die and then added a length of green and white gingham ribbon on top of that.  My bow cluster contains red and white gingham ribbon, holly and ivy cut from forest green wool felt, some pretty stamens, burlap string and mulberry flowers from RRR.  The sentiment and stocking are found in the Christmas Stockings & Mittens Stamp and Die Set from Stamp Simply.
I'm excited to share my card in the following challenges listed below where I enjoy playing along.  I hope that your stockings are hung by the chimney with care (or so to speak) because, ready or not, Christmas is just around the corner.  Thanks so much for visiting me today, and may God bless you at Christmas and always.  Praise God for His wonderful gift of Jesus.

Dar & Diane's Double D Challenge Blog - Christmas Stockings Challenge


Inspiration Station Challenge Blog - Challenge #43 - Holiday Magic/Holiday Time - This inspiration photo spoke to me.  I wanted to incorporate the cute Christmas stockings and the Christmas tree.  The colors are traditional and the theme just says,"old fashioned Christmas" to me.  LOVE this. 

ABC Christmas Challenge - Y is for Youngster and Z is for Zoom - Well, when it comes to the Christmas Stocking, EVERY youngster looks forward to Christmas morning when the can ZOOM downstairs to open their Christmas Stocking and find the gifts from Santa.  

Thanks again for stopping by.

Blessings,
Karen

11 comments:

  1. Using the felt to create with adds so much dimension. Your card is frameable pretty for sure! Thanks for sharing at the Inspiration Station Challenge Blog. Smiles, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the card with the stockings the red and white gingham is just perfect. i don't have that I love gingham ribbons. I'm going to have to make a Christmas
    stocking card for all those challenges..
    Have a Very Blessed day
    Hugs Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, I'm so glad you shared your card with us at Double D because it's just the prettiest and most festive creation! I always love everything you do. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. While I love the design teams I'm on, I also really enjoy combining products from all different companies and creating "Just for fun!" I love your sweet Christmas card with that gorgeous ribbon and those pretty flowers.
    BTW -- Thanks for sharing about the 2 babies from your church recently named Esther. That brought a smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! This is awesome. A beautiful card Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen, your cards are always so lovely to see. This one is so pretty! Thanks for sharing with us at The Inspiration Station Challenge.
    Donna xx
    The Inspiration Station Challenge
    The Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card! I adore that bow bow cluster. Everything about this card is amazing. Thank you for sharing it and playing along with AB Christmas Challenge ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card - love the trimming on the stocking.

    Thanks for joining us at The Inspiration Station Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Karen this is gorgeous, pretty paper and your stocking is so cute, I love your bow cluster, put together perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is an adorable festive card!
    Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.