Monday, February 13, 2023

Thinking of You w/Stamp Simply

Is there someone in your life that you've been thinking about?  It's always a good idea to let people know when they're on your mind.  Stamp Simply Clear Stamps has SO many great stamps and sentiments to let people know that you care.  Stop by Stamp Simply to check out all their amazing stamp sets, sentiments, dies and more.  Here's the card I made to let my dear friend know that I've been thinking about her a lot lately.  I trust that it will be a blessing and encouragement to her when I pop it in the mail this week.
I used basic black cardstock and some beautiful patterned papers from the Carta Bella Gather at Home 6x6 Paper Pad.  I used one of the patterned papers for the background/base and two others for the decorative border strip using the Tim Holtz Crochet Border Dies.  I also added a piece of 0.5" Venice Katarina Ivory Lace to my card.  Isn't it pretty?  The peachy color background was created from a piece of white watercolor paper that I rubbed with Tim Holtz Saltwater Taffy Oxide Ink.  I also rubbed on Hickory Smoke Oxide Ink using a Brick Stencil.
I used the Pretty Poppies Stamp Set for the gorgeous flowers and the lovely sentiment (Thinking of You).  I colored the flowers with Copic markers and cut them with the coordinating Pretty Poppies Die.  I added a double length of knotted Canteloupe Baker's Twine.  In addition to all their AMAZING stamps and dies, there's always a perfect lace, trim or embellishment for your cards at Stamp Simply.
I added several ivory paint droplets using acrylic paint.  That's about it.  Stamp Simply always has the perfect stamps with sentiments and images for every occasion.  It's great to let people know when you're thinking about them, and receiving a handmade card is always a blessing.  I encourage you to check out Stamp Simply.  You're going the LOVE what you find there.  Thanks so much for stopping by today.

I'm playing along here in these fun challenges that I enjoy:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Simon Says "Fun With Dies" - This card uses a Stamp Simply die for the flowers and a Sizzix die for the fancy borders.

Stencil Fun Challenge Blog - February Theme: Anything Goes/Optional - Hearts - I didn't use any hearts on this card, but I did use a cute Brick Stencil to create the background.

Inkspirational Challenges - Challenge #283 - Use Stencils/Optional Twist: Splatter - I used a fun Tim Holtz Brick Stencil on my card.  I also did the twist of "SPLATTER"; but it's a very controlled splatter of cream acrylic paint that I added here and there on my card.  I did a controlled splatter just so that I'd get my paint spots exactly where I wanted them as opposed to being random and ending up with a hot mess like I usually do.  LOL

Blessings,
Karen

6 comments:

  1. I agree, it is nice to send an encouraging card when people least expect it. This is just gorgeous, the flowers are lovely and like the combo of lace die cut and your real lace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Karen, this is beautiful - love it!! Elegant, and so thoughtful of you
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always admire your eye for details Karen, this is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL Karen! Love that backwall. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our STENCIL FUN challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    STENCIL FUN CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    P.S. Did you hear the news? We have another new challenge blog we'd love to have you come check out and play along in. It all begins on March 3, 2023. It's called Triple B. Fun with Birds, Butterflies & Blooms. Would love to have you pop over! Appreciate your support!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice. Love your colours!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.