Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Celebrate Spring w/The Four Seasons Challenge

Spring is here, hurray.  The weather is changing, flowers are blooming and signs of the new season are all around us.  We're taking this month to celebrate these signs of Spring with a brand new fun challenge over at The Four Seasons Challenge Blog, and we SO hope that you will join us.  We can't wait to see how the beautiful inspiration photo will speak to your creativity.  Here's what it inspired me to create.
I was drawn to the sweet little blue bird in the bottoms left corner of this beautiful inspiration photo.  I just love the blues and yellows in this photo, and I also love the bird, the greenery, and all the things that say Spring.  What inspires you when you look at this lovely photo?
I used basic black cardstock and then a piece of patterned paper from the Wood Textures 6x6 Paper Pad from The Craft Consortium.  I also used a piece of watercolor paper and I rubbed it with Marigold and Fossilized Amber Tim Holtz Oxide Inks to create the background.  I used those colors along with Weathered Wood and Denim Jacket when stamping the birds.
The birds were stamped using my Misti and a beautiful set called Robin & Wren from The Greetery.  The branches and leaves are from a Stamp Simply set called God Will Take Care of You.  There is a die-cut set for the God Will Take Care of You stamps, but I couldn't find mine so I fussy cut them.  I used Hickory Smoke Oxide Ink on the edges of my card.  The sentiment is also found in the God Will Take Care of You stamp set.
We all look forward to seeing what you will create to share with us at The Four Seasons Challenge this month.  Anything Spring related is perfectly acceptable.  The inspiration photo is only a suggestion to give you a creative boost, but it doesn't need to be followed in order to play along with us.  Thanks for stopping by to take a peek at my card, and I'll see you out there in blogland, everyone.

I'm sharing this card in the following:

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Simon Says "Things With Wings"

As You Like It Challenge Blog - Favorite Stencil or Freestyle Background - I do enjoy using a stencil when I remember to do so, but I think I prefer a freestyle background.  The reason why is because I can add whatever color matches my card theme and I especially love rubbing oxide inks on my backgrounds.  But....sometimes I do both.

Blessings,
Karen

7 comments:

  1. So beautifully done and love the verse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE this card Karen, so beautifully created and those birds are fabulous!! A lovely Spring card! My spring flowers are popping up, about 3 months too early, hope they make it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Karen ... this is such a beautiful creation! LOVE your choice of colors and the design is fabulous! Thanks for sharing another amazing DT sample ... such wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the second time today that these darling Wrens have visited me - something tells me they want to come home to mama, Karen! Absolutely gorgeous card!
    Though I don't have any signs of Spring here yet - I am lucky to have 9 Bluebirds come to dine on my deck rail each evening!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, I just love the colors you used to stamp the birds, pretty scene you have made with them, and the verse :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is absolutely beautiful - great job as always thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.