Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Spring Banquet at The Card Concept

Hello, friends.  Thanks for stopping by today.  It's time for a new challenge at The Card Concept and we sure hope that you'll join us.  The beautiful inspiration photo has so many great elements to give you a starting point for your entries.  You can let these beautiful colors, textures, an image/or images, or any other piece of this photo that speaks to your creative side.  Just get out some crafting supplies and create something to share with us.
I chose to create a card that uses this gorgeous color combination and soft touches.  I searched the high (and low) ends of my craft goods, and I realized that I don't own a bird's next (stamp, die, etc.).  I didn't give up easily, but when I finally accepted the fact that I don't own a bird's nest; I went to "Plan B" which was to use my "superpower" and pull out my mega-stash of Crate Paper products.  They're always sure to have this sweet color palette and soft vintage ephemera pieces to adorn any project.  And...I just love any good excuse to use this older product line, of which I own SO much.
I used a white base and layered various patterned papers from scraps and pieces in my bins.  Once I had all my papers in place and had done some machine stitching, I added some vintage scotch tape and layered the card with various pieces of ephemera, stickers, and chipboard pieces from Crate Paper including the cake stand, the bird, the number circle, etc. 
Even the toothpick flag banner, as well as the extra sentiment sticker I attached it, are all from Crate Paper.  I think the only thing that's not CP is the bluish green patterned paper I used on the base; that's from Bo Bunny.  As I do so often, I added a lot.  Sometimes when things are just OH, SO CUTE, I can't resist the temptation to add a lot of it.  Sorry, not sorry.  If I'm "overdoing it" (and I'm sure I have on occasion), I'm ok with that.  I like to pile on a lot of stuff sometimes.
Well, I sure do hope that my card has, in some way, inspired you enough to want to come play along in this FUN challenge with us over at The Card Concept.  Simply allow anything in this lovely inspiration photo to spark your creativity.  We really do hope you'll stop by The Card Concept to play along with us.  We're always so grateful for your participation in our challenges.  That's what makes crafting so special....sharing our art with each other.   You can find more great inspiration and the link-up tool here at The Card Concept and   Thanks again for stopping by today, and I'll see ya' out there in blogland.

I'm playing along here:

Be blessed,
Karen

5 comments:

  1. So very beautifully put together, making this card Gorgeous Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie Karen - I do love how you can add so much to a card and not overdo it - love the soft pastel palette that you used
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable!! Love the cute bird as well as all of the other beautiful elements you added to your card- a true piece of art! Hugs and love, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have done a beautiful job of all your layering, I think it is great when we use our old goodies, they deserve to come out and play too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This beauty has everything I love! A birdie, stitching, text, beautiful color combo and a shabby chic look. You do that look so well, my friend. And the layering! Gorgeous!! Thank you for your lovely comments on my cards; always appreciated & makes my day. ;-) (I am in So. FL just NW of Ft. Lauderdale. Been here my whole life!).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.