Saturday, June 3, 2023

Celebrating a 50th Wedding Anniversary

How exciting is it to watch your friends celebrate their 50th Wedding Anniversary?  Well, we're SO blessed to have our friends, Don & Joan Wright, celebrate this amazing milestone in their lives and we feel very blessed to help them enjoy this special occasion.  When I created this little booklet, I followed a card design from my talented DT mate, Julie Gearinger.
I fell SO in love with Julie's sweet card, that I totally "lifted" it.  The only major difference between our cards is that I used a different sentiment.  The background was stamped in Tumbled Glass Oxide Ink using one stamp from the Pretty Poppies Stamp Set and another from the Delightful Dahlias Stamp Set.  I just love the red and teal color combination.  The sentiment (Think of you.....as you celebrate your anniversary) can be found in the Pretty Poppies Stamp Set.
The pretty florals (inside and out) were created using the Pretty Poppies Stamp Set and coordinating Pretty Poppies Dies.  I used a large glassine bag to create this little album.  The card (above) is the front of the album.  I used some 1/5" Red and White Striped Ribbon to make a way to tie the book shut.  When you untie it, you can open it and you'll see this (above).
On the left side page, I left a place to add a photo.  I added some vintage sheet music, a pretty border, and a wooden heart with a 50 rub-on.  It was a Jenni Bowlin rub-on from my stash.  On the right side page, I cut a journalling spot using a Spellbinders Die.  To that, I added some (old/stash) Melissa Frances rub-ons and left space for another photo or some journalling.  I stamped and cut another set of the poppies again using the using the Pretty Poppies Stamp Set and coordinating Pretty Poppies Dies.  I wrote a nice hand-written letter and tucked it inside the glassine bag/pocket.
It's easy to create a small album like this using a glassine bag or even a lunch bag.  It also has those built-in pockets where you can photos, journalling, a gift card, bookmarks, etc.  I just want our dear friends to know that we love them and that we praise God for them and for their service to Him as well as their commitment to each other.  This beautiful couple has been such a blessing to us and to our daughter, son-in-law, and grandbabies (as well as blessing many others).
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today.  I'm always so grateful to have you visit, take a peek at my artwork, and to (possibly) leave me a comment.  I do hope you'll take time to stop at Stamp Simply to look around at all their amazing stamps, dies and products.  You're sure to find something you LOVE, and you deserve it.  Have a blessed week, everyone.

I'm playing along here:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Simon Says "Anything Goes"

Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge Blog - Challenge #2321 - BINGO - My BINGO is diagonally with Patterned Paper, Image (floral - inside and out), and ribbon which is the 1.5" striped ribbon I used as a closure for this little album.
Happy crafting,
Karen

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card you've designed for your friends celebrating a milestone anniversary! The details you added make this a gift in itself to treasure and that beautiful ribbon just makes it even more festive. It's beautiful and congrats to your friends! This occasion calls for a celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen: Gorgeous card I love everything about you Inspire me all the time. God Bless you always.
    Hugs
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, this is awesome...both the card and the number of years. Thank you for playing at Pammie's Inky Pinkies.
    Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.