Monday, June 5, 2023

Praying For You w/Stamp Simply

Welcome back to my blog, friends.  I'm always delighted and excited to have you visit me.  Today I'm sharing a very simple, yet lovely, card that features a few of my favorite products from Stamp Simply.  I don't think I could ever give you a definitive "favorite" stamp set from Stamp Simply because there are just too many fabulous "favorites".  Just knowing that I can always find the perfect sentiment for any occasion is a huge blessing.  This card concept implements several things I do consider favorites; and they are: 1) Using paper scraps, 2) Keeping it simple, 3) adding some machine stitching, and 4) making a matching envelope.
I started with black cardstock and added some patterned papers from my scrap bin.  I machine stitched the patterned papers together to create my card base.  I enjoy using patterned paper scraps and utilizing them to create my cards so that I'm not always wasting all those small leftover pieces.  There are SO many fun ways to use them.  I also like the look and texture of adding the machine stitching.
For the gorgeous florals you see, I used the beautiful Spring Pansies Floral Cluster Stamp Set.  It's stamped with Versafine Black Onyx Ink to give a nice crisp image.  I colored the image with my Copics and cut it using the coordinating Floral Cluster & Sprigs Dies.  The one Floral Cluster Die cuts all four (4) of the different seasonal Floral Clusters.
The sentiment I used (Praying for You) can be found in the Blessings/Beatitudes II Stamp Set. and it is also stamped in Versafine Black Onyx Ink.  It was stamped onto a scrap piece of patterned paper and was cut using the Fishtail Banner Dies.  I did a bit more machine stitching, attached a Tim Holtz Miniature Rusty Paperclip and a faux washi tape sticker (green) as my finishing touches.  I enjoy making a matching envelope, and with Stamp Simply stamps; it's easy and fun to do so.
Please stop by the Stamp Simply Blog for daily inspiration and up-to-date information about special sales and promotions taking place at Stamp Simply.  You won't want to miss a thing.  Thanks again for visiting me today, everyone.

I'm playing along here:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Simon Says "Anything Goes" - This is my entry number 3/5.

Beautiful Blossoms Challenge Blog - Challenge #5 - Anything Flowers Goes - Optional Mood Board (below).  The image of the decorated envelopes in this inspiration photo (middle left) is what reminded me to make a matching envelope.  SO fun.


Allsorts Challenge Blog - Challenge Week #731 - Anything Goes w/Optional Use of Die-Cuts - I did use a die for the floral image.

Triple B - Birds, Butterflies and Blossoms - This card is all about the Blossoms and I was drawn to the red butterfly in the inspiration photo, which is what helped me decide on my color theme.
Happy crafting, everyone.

Blessings,
Karen

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful deep red! I love the papers you selected behind the pretty floral. Thank you for joining the challenge at Allsorts and playing along with the Use a Die theme, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous card Karen - love the rich reds you have used, and the the way you have used the background papers is stunning.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for supporting my theme at Allsorts this week with this stunning card. Sarah DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow those flowers are gorgeous and I just love the pretty papers you have paired them with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How very lovely Karen, what a wonderful background to your beautiful cluster of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Karen, what an absolutely beautiful design! LOVE IT!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our newest adventure - Triple B challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    Co-Owner
    Triple B
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    More challenge fun beginning July 7th … check it out … SIMPLY CLEAN & SIMPLE

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely lovely card Karen! I like the stitching accents, I've never actually stitched on a card but want to try it. Thanks for playing along at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge and we hope you'll join us again soon.
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Love the rich colours you've used.

    Thanks for joining us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.