Wednesday, June 7, 2023

A New Challenge at The Card Concept

Hello, friends.  It's time for another fun new challenge over at The Card Concept.  For this challenge, you have the choice of two awesome inspiration photos that you can use as your starting point.  One option is Modern Industrial (cogs, wood, wheels, etc.) and Nature (fish, leaves, warm colors, etc.) and you can use either photo, or colors and elements from each.  Whatever these awesome photos inspire you to create is what we'd love to see you share with us.  AND.....there's a PRIZE up for grabs.
I was inspired by the Nature Calls 197(b) inspiration photo (shown below).  The primary reason for my choice is that I own a very limited amount of industrial and/or steampunk products.  It's not really my thing.  I did know, however, that I owned one really cute stamp set from Brutus Monroe, and another from Paper Sweeties, that I could possibly use for the fishing theme.  I pulled out a few things, and this is what I created to inspire you.
I used white cardstock and layered it with a foliage patterned paper and another layer of white cardstock that I rubbed with oxide ink.  Next, I ran a piece of peach washi tape across my card one under the white paper and once over the white paper.  I used the Brutus Monroe stamp set and coordinating dies to stamp the bubbles, fish, turtle, underwater life and sentiment, and to cut them once I'd colored them.
Which photo will inspire you?  What images, elements, colors or textures speak to you creative side?  You can share anything your imagination (and your hands) inspire you to create and we're really looking forward to seeing what that will be.  Each person will be inspired differently.  That's the fun.
With the Fourth of July just around the corner, I'm offering up this FUN little wood mounted stamp as a prize for this new challenge over at The Card Concept.  YOU could be our lucky winner, so please be sure to stop by and share your art and creativity with us.  We appreciate your participation, so we wanted to offer a small prize to show our appreciation for having you play along with us.
We hope you'll get your creative wheels spinning and create something new for this fun challenge.  As you can clearly see, my card doesn't use any of the colors in the inspiration photo.  You can use any element/elements from the inspiration photo(s) to create your card.  Come on over to The Card Concept and share your creations with us.  We really look forward to it.

I'm playing along here:

As You Like It Challenge Blog - Brights or Pastels and Why?  Much like my other card that I entered in this challenge, I'm guessing that the soft pastels  (peach, blue, etc.) might actually be found underwater so I was trying to capture that look.

Blessings,
Karen


4 comments:

  1. Oh what a gorgeous card Karen - fun mages against a fabulous background :)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute fun card and awesome colours..
    Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge this fortnight at As You Like It..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH! I did chuckle at your fabulous fishies. Love this Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun card, Karen. I love the scene. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. xx Wilma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.