Wednesday, June 7, 2023

When Life Gives You Lemons

Most of us have heard that phrase before, "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade".  Well, the card I made today is a bit of a spin on that old, and very wise, saying.  I don't often find the time to make cards that are just for fun (not a DT assignment).  So when I get the chance to do some crafting just for the fun of it, I'm always excited.
When I saw the new challenge over at Dar & Diane's fabulous Double D Challenge was all about lemons, I knew that I wanted to play along.  I've been itching for an opportunity to use this CUTE new Lawn Fawn Zesty Lemon die-cut set I purchased recently.  Brand new out of the package FUN, and this is what I created.
As you can see, I was drawn to the combination of green and yellow.  I brushed Tim Holtz Lemonade and Citron Oxide Inks on white cardstock and made my cuts.  This adorable lemon set from Lawn Fawn is SO much fun.  I'll guess I used only about half of the pieces in this set so I'm already looking forward to creating with it again soon.  I was also inspired by the yellow gingham (patterned paper) as well as the yellow flower which I added (that's also a piece of this fun new die set).
The sentiment I used is in a darling stamp set from Paper Sweeties.  I tied a piece of Lemonwood Baker's Twine on the left side of my card and ran a length of Bay Leaf Seam Binding.  The patterned papers are from JilliBean Soup.  It was a fun card to make and I was able to add several touches that were inspired by the challenge photo.
Thanks so much for visiting me today.  I'd love to hear what you think of my lemon card, and I look forward to seeing you soon in blogland.  Have a great week.

I'm playing along here:

Dar & Diane's Double D Challenge Blog - LEMONS - As explained above, I was inspired by the yellow and green color combination, the yellow gingham, the yellow flower, and the delicious lemons of course.

Park Hopping: My Happy Place - June 2023 - Inspiration Photo - I know that anytime you hit the Theme Parks, you've gotta buy a nice cold iced tea or lemonade.


Lawn Fawnatics Challenge Blog - Challenge #150 - Photo Inspiration/Botanicals - I was inspired by the yellow and green colors in the inspiration photo as well as the nature theme and the flower.  I used Lawn Fawn Zesty Lemon Dies and I'm SO IN LOVE with this fun new set I purchased.

Happy crafting, everyone.
Blessings,
Karen

9 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Karen - love your lemon die cuts and fabulous colours. That lemon gingham paper is stunning
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE those lemons Karen! What a beautiful creation! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    Co-Owner
    DOUBLE D
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super design Karen, the lemons are fabulous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely spot on! There's truly nothing quite as refreshing as sipping on a cold glass of lemonade during a scorching hot day at the park. Your creative vision shines through in your delightful artwork. The way you've combined patterned and textured paper is simply genius, creating a visually captivating experience. Your layout is nothing short of perfection, showcasing your keen eye for design and attention to detail. . Thank you for joining us at Park Hopping My Happy Place. Wishing you a peaceful & creative weekend. Cheers, Makira

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this lemon card! Well done. Thank you for joining us on this challenge over at Cupcake Inspirations. Hope you come and play again with us!
    Sandy, DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE that twist on the sentiment!! It is so fun!! Love the gingham you used on this and the pretty color combo. Thank you for joining us this round at Cupcake Inspirations Challenges.

    Nora
    DT Member
    Cupcake Inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  8. those lemons are so sweet!! LOVE the card and the sentiment is perfect, too!! adorable! thank you so much for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.