Tuesday, August 1, 2023

New Summer Challenge at The Four Seasons

Welcome by today, friends.  Thanks for stopping by to visit me and, hopefully, I can convince you all to come and play along with us this month at The Four Seasons Challenge Blog.  This is our final Summer challenge of 2023 and I'm sure you're still creating pretty florals and other Summer inspired cards, so please be sure to share them with us at The Four Seasons this month.
When I first saw the inspiration photo, I really didn't quite know what to make.  At first glance, I was drawn to the upper right image, and I knew I had some cute (old) October Afternoon products to use if I went that route.  And then, I saw the daisies (or wild flowers) in the bottom right, and I chose to go with that theme for my card.
I used some basic white cardstock for the base and layered it with some JilliBean Soup patterned papers.  I pressure embossed more of the white cardstock for the layers using an Altenew embossing folder called Organic Linen.  I stamped the pretty flower using the Caring Coneflower Stamp Set from Stamp Simply and cut it with the coordinating Caring Coneflower Die.  I just LOVE all the beautiful floral from Stamp Simply, not to mention all their FAB sentiment stamps.
I ran some Apple Green Baker's Twine around my card and attached a single sequin.  The sentiment is also from Stamp Simply, and can be found in their Spring Floral Cluster Stamp Set.  It's stamped and cut on a banner using the Fishtail Banner Dies, and I also did a bit of yellow stencilling on the sentiment strip.
Remember, you don't have to follow the inspiration photo literally.  It's simply a starting point for your creativity, so be sure to share all your wonderful Summer creations with us this month.  We look forward to seeing your wonderful creativity.

I'm sharing my card here:

Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge Blog - Challenge #2330 - Photo Inspiration - See Below) - I was inspired by the pretty colors - pastels, yellow and green (from the pineapple).  Nothing says SUMMER like flowers.


Can You Handle The Pressure Challenge - July Challenge: Anything Goes w/Optional Nautical Twist - I didn't create anything nautical, but I did use the Altenew Organic Linen embossing folder on the white paper in my card.

Blessings,
Karen

6 comments:

  1. Such a great sketch to highlight the beautiful flower and loving the color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL card Karen ... love all the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully created card Karen, the embossed piece really sets off the pretty flower, I had to kind of laugh that the entire team went the floral route this time, making for a beautiful show of inspiration!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure!
    Diane CYHTP Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Can You Handle The Pressure}
    {Triple B}
    {Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card Karen! I love how you used all the texture and layers with the different papers. Thanks for sharing with us at Can You Handle the Pressure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so lovely and that is some beautiful layering you have done for the flower to be framed by :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card you've made with summer in mind! I love not only that pretty flower, but the embossing and designer papers you chose look amazing all tied up with that bit of green twine! NJ

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.