Friday, August 11, 2023

With Sympathy

Hi, friends.  Thanks for popping in today.  I hope you're having a happy and creative week, and hopefully a nice relaxing weekend ahead as well.  While I don't need a sympathy card right now, I decided to make one so that I'd have an extra on hand.  I'm doing my best to get a little stash of cards in each category to have ready for giving.
This card uses black cardstock, sunflower yellow cardstock, and white cardstock that I stencilled and embossed with a beautiful emhossing folder from Altenew called Organic Linen.  It's one of my all-time favorites and I use it quite a bit.  The sentiment strip was also stencilled and pressure embossed.  The sentiment and flowers are from Stamp Simply.
I also added a length of Apple Green Baker's Twine and a few sequins as the finishing touches.  I'm happy to be able to create a few cards to enter in challenges that I enjoy.  I don't always have the time to do this, so I get excited when I'm able to play along in some of these FUN challenges.
Thanks so much for visiting me, and I'd love to hear what you think about my card.  Have a blessed week, dear blog friends.  I sure do appreciate you for stopping by and taking a peek at my art.

I'm sharing this card in the following challengs:

Stencil Fun Challenge Blog - August: Anything Goes/Nautical - I used an Altenew stencil and embossing folder on this card.  I didn't use the nautical theme.

Triple B Challenge Blog (Butterflies, Birds and Blooms) - August Challenge - I used some beautiful blooms on my card.  I added a butterfly, but ended up removing it and added the sequins instead.  Here's the beautiful (optional) inspiration board.
Colorful Options - August: Green/Yellow - See Inspiration Photo - I combined these pretty colors in this card as well.  So sweet.
Happy crafting.

Blessings,
Karen

7 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Karen - love your background - so much interest, but without detracting from your image and sentiment.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are always beautifully crafted my friend! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D, Stencil Fun & Triple B challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a really lovely Card I love the Green Bakers Twine. it's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, the stenciling is beautiful!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun and Double D!
    Diane SF DD Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Stencil Fun}
    {Triple B}
    {Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card Karen. Lovely details and stencil.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so lovely, I do love the effect of your stencil and embossed background, so pretty with your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pattern plus texture in your background. And those flowers are lovely! Thank you for joining us at Colorful Options.

    Sara Lihz
    @SassysLLC

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.