Thursday, August 10, 2023

Thanks

There are those times when simple words aren't enough to thank someone for their kindness towards you or your family.  Those are the occasions when I pull out my supplies to make a card.  Sending a handmade card is just another level, more than mere words, to show someone how very grateful you are for their actions.  So, when our son's Mother-in-law goes out of her way to bless us, I'm SO grateful.
Even before our kids were born, after they were born, and as they grew; I continually prayed for their (eventual) spouses because I knew that God would answer that prayer and give them the spouse(s) they were meant to have.  But what was completely an unexpected blessing was having in-laws who are also a blessing.  Our son's MIL lives near us.  She (their entire family) bless us (and the kids) in so many ways and I always want her/them to know just how much I appreciate it.
This card uses white cardstock and patterned papers from the Craft Consortium for the base.  I cut some scalloped borders, and I also stencilled a piece of white cardstock and also ran it through the Cuttlebug with the Organic Linen Embossing Folder from Altenew.  The flower is from Stamp Simply, and I tied a piece of Yellow Baker's Twine on the stem.
The sentiment is also from Altenew, and can be found in their Tiny Twigs Stamp Set.  I stencilled the sentiment strip with the same stencil and cut it with a Fishtail Banner Die.  I attached a single sequin topped with a heart-shaped Embellishment from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  I'm playing along in some of the challenges I love, and I hope you're doing the same this week.  Happy crafting.

Here's where I'm sharing my card:
 
Stencil Fun Challenge Blog - August: Anything Goes/Nautical - I used an Altenew stencil, stamp and embossing folder on this card.  I didn't use the nautical theme (obviously).

Triple B Challenge Blog (Butterflies, Birds and Blooms) - August Challenge - I used the beautiful bloom on my card.

Colorful Options - August: Green/Yellow - See Inspiration Photo - I combined these pretty colors.
Happy crafting.

Blessings,
karen

5 comments:

  1. A very pretty card Karen, and I am sure it will be appreciated as much as you appreciate the love and actions of your extended family
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative and beautiful Karen!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun, Triple B and Double D!
    Diane SF TB DD Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Stencil Fun}
    {Triple B}
    {Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, I always enjoy visiting your blog and seeing your sweet creations. This card is so sweet and I love the rich colors you've used. Thanks so much for linking up to the Double D Challenge. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a lovely flower and I like the layering of the borders, such a blessing for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card. The flower is lovely and I adore the stitching detail. Thank you for joining us at Colorful Options.

    Sara Lihz
    @SassysLLC

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.