Sunday, October 1, 2023

Sweater Weather at The Four Seasons Challenge

As some of you know, I live in the deserts of Nevada and we're still having to use our air conditioning around the clock here due to the high temps.  However, I had the joy of visiting my parents last week in Minnesota and the weather was so much cooler.  It truly looked and felt like Autumn there, and the leaves on the trees were gorgeous in shades of yellow, orange and red.  So, for the new Autumn Challenge over at The Four Seasons, I knew that I wanted to play on that (the cooler temps of Fall).
I used basic black cardstock for my card base and I layered that with some pretty Autumn patterned papers that I machine stitched together in ivory thread.  I just LOVE stitching on my cards (as you may have noticed.....lol).  The cream patterned paper looks like a knit sweater, so that's kinda perfect for my little sweaters.
The stamp set I used is called Sweater Weather and it's from Paper Sweeties.  I stamped the sweaters onto that same "knit" patterned paper so that they really do look like knit sweaters.  The sweaters, sentiment and small images on the sweaters are all found in this one mini stamp set.  The colors I used to stamp the sweaters are Marmalade, Olive and Speckled Egg.  A piece of vintage scotch tape and a rusty paperclip were my finishing touches.
We would absolutely LOVE to have you come play along with us this month at The Four Seasons Challenge to share any and all of the Autumn cards you create this month.  Thank you very much for stopping by my blog, and I really do hope you'll play along in this FUN challenge.  Have a blessed and creative week, my sweet blog friends.

I'm sharing my card here:

Blessings,
Karen

6 comments:

  1. Perfect 'sweater weather' creation Karen. It was cool & very Fall like a few days ago, but now they are calling for temps in the 80s all week ... what the heck is that all about? Indian summer I guess! Great job ... thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen: What a sweet Card , love the cardstock you used very nice. great job my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving how this turned out with these pretty fall colors and great design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun and fabulous card Karen - love it. The patterned sweaters are wonderful :)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! I may have to case those leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't stitched on my cards in ages, but I love how it looks on this fun autumn card! The papers are just perfect with the little sweaters and leaves too..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.