Friday, December 1, 2023

Home For the Holidays w/The Four Seasons

Well, ready or not, Winter is here.  And that means it's time for our first Winter challenge of the year at The Four Seasons Challenge Blog.  You can find the inspiration photo and some fabulous inspiration from the Design Team at The Four Seasons.  Making Christmas and Winter cards is probably my most favorite crafting, so I had a lot of fun creating my card for this challenge.
Back in September, I saw this gorgeous card made by the talented Melissa Phillips, and I knew right away that I wanted to "scraplift" it.....or at least my own version of her beautiful card.  I used basic black cardstock and a background patterned paper from Prima.  I worked with what I already had because I just couldn't justify spending that kind of money when I owned similar items that would work.  My card isn't as pretty as Melissa's, but I am happy with how it looks.
I used  PTI snowflake die and holly/berries die, a Paper Sweeties Christmas tree die, and a Temu car die. I added some tiny foam balls to trees that are from Pretty Pink Posh, and I wrapped the tree in an iridescent twine from Really Reasonable Ribbon. The stamped sentiment is also from Paper Sweeties.
All of us at The Four Seasons Challenge look forward to seeing your amazing cards this month as we celebrate Winter. Thanks so much for visiting me today.  I'm always so grateful to have you visit and leave me a comment.  I look forward to visiting your blog to see what you'll share with us.  Have a wonderful week.

I'm sharing my card here:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Simon Says "Anything Goes" (Entry 1/5)

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Simon Says "Trees" (Entry 2/5)

TIME OUT Challenge Blog - Challenge #252 - Winter/Holiday - I love to play along here whenever I can.
Keep on crafting!

Blessings,
Karen

8 comments:

  1. This is so much fun, Karen! I love yours every bit as much as Melissa's. Your has more bold color, yet keeps the softness. I LOVE your trees and the sparkle of the snowflake. The papers you chose are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, this is so cute, creative and festive and who wouldn't love that adorable cute PINK car, I know I do!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card with wonderful details and love the cute pink car!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen this really is adorable, love the pink car carrying those water splatted trees with their candy like decorations, a card for all ages. Thank you so much for sharing this inspirational make. I love it.. Happy Winter crafting Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great design with the pink car and the trees with the lovely splatters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG this is so cool Karen! LOVE that pink plaid car! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute card Karen - love the unconventional colours and the gorgeous trees :)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely little car and your decorated trees are very festive - had to pop over for a closer look! Thanks for sharing this fun and very colourful card with us at Time Out Challenges!
    Hugs, Kate (DT Time Out Challenges)!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.