Monday, January 1, 2024

Praying For You w/Stamp Simply

It's a brand new year and time for my first Design Team post of 2024 for Stamp Simply Clear Stamps.  Today I'm sharing a quick and easy card that uses one of the many beautiful sentiment stamp sets from Stamp Simply.  I am always delighted on how EASY it is to use stamps from Stamp Simply to create cards that are both simple and beautiful.  Just look at all the fun color, texture and beauty in this card I'm sharing today.  Well.....actually, what I'm sharing today is one card made two ways.  This is the second card I created.
Both cards use the pretty much all the same products.  I only changed the background paper and sentiment on this second card.  The white cardstock was pressure embossed using the Tim Holtz Tree Rings Embossing Folder.  I stamped the sentiment, Praying for You, using The Lord's Prayer Stamp Set.  The stamping takes places prior to the pressure embossing.  I inked the embossed tree rings just a bit to "dirty" them.  They're wood, right?  LOL
I inked up some more white cardstock and used the Tim Holtz Tree Line Die to cut these gorgeous trees.  I cut a few extra tree pieces and placed here and there to fill in empty space.  This, along with using the Embossing Folder, gives so much texture and dimension to an otherwise flat card.  I really do love to allow Stamp Simply Stamps to be the big star of my cards.
I'm posting backwards as far as how and when I created these two cards.  The first one I made was this one (below) where the only real difference was that rather than using the white cardstock, I used a piece of wood patterned paper from the Craft Consortium Wood Textures 6x6 Paper Pad.
I used the same sentiment stamp from The Lord's Prayer Stamp Set.  This time, however, it was stamped onto a banner that I cut using the Fishtail Banner Dies.  I still used the same Embossing Folder on the patterned paper.  I just didn't think the trees stood out quite as nicely on this paper.
I don't know....I just prefer the white version better.  I think you can see the pressure embossing better on the white, and the sentiment also stands out better on the white.  I'm glad I "redid" this card.  I just thought it was a good idea to show everyone how and why I made the decision to "redo" the card.  And again, Stamp Simply makes it all SO easy.
You can be honest and tell me which version of this card you prefer.  I was honest enough to tell you that I remade the card.  I appreciate and value your input.  Stamp Simply Clear Stamps has so many great stamps, dies and products to help you create simply, fun, beautiful cards.  Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello.

I'm sharing my card here:

Can You Handle the Pressure Challenge Blog - Winter - I used the Tim Holtz Tree Ring Embossing Folder on this card.

Blessings,
Karen

5 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous, love the colors and the rustic, country feel. Thanks so much for joining us at Can You Handle the Pressure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Karen, this is just gorgeous! Nicely done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Can You Handle the Pressure challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty layers of your trees and like the wood background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I very much like the card with the white background. plan to make some like it. Wish there were pictures of the process making the trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The process is very simple. An embossing folder was used on the background. The trees were die-cut from a paper that I rubbed with oxide ink and spritzed with water.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.