Monday, January 1, 2024

Merry and Bright w/The Four Seasons

It's a brand new year, and time for a new challenge at The Four Seasons.  We're still celebrating Winter in this challenge; and while you're not required to necessarily share a Christmas card, you can share anything that has to do with Winter.  The beautiful inspiration photo gave me lots of great ideas for my card, and here's what I came up with to inspire you.  I sure do hope you'll come play along with us this month at The Four Seasons Challenge. Sure
I used a fun cover plate die-cut for the swirled background (on light blue cardstock) over a piece of red cardstock as my base.  The mitten and bow die-cuts are from Paper Sweeties as is the sentiment stamp.  The snowflake dies were floating around in my die-cut drawer so I don't know what company they are from.  I used some Crate Paper Bundled Up patterned papers.
I placed a cute little colored pearl sticker in the center of each snowflake.  I really like the cuts and patterns this cover plate gave my background.  As you ca see, I was inspired by the colors, the snowflake, and the warm woolen mittens in the inspiration photo.  My mittens were cut using ivory wool felt.
I'll admit that these card photos aren't the greatest.  The weather here has been a bit overcast, so these photos reflect it.  I'm hoping for brighter days soon so that I can finish up the remainder of my January projects and get good photos.  Anyway, thanks for stopping by my blog today.  I really do hope that you'll stop by The Four Seasons Challenge Blog to play along with us this month.  Happy crafting.

I'm playing along here:

Peace On Earth Challenge Blog - Challenge #54 - Christmas Theme - I love the blues and colors in the inspiration photo
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Simon Says "Something New" - I used a brand-new cover plate die on this card.  I'm enjoying crafting with my new goodies.

Happy crafting!

Blessings,
Karen

12 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Karen! LOVE those mittens and your overall card is awesome! Thanks for sharing yet another fabulous DT project!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful color combo and such fun felt mittens! A perfect winter creation!
    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Karen! I love your adorable mittens on this card and that cover plate die cut ~ it is gorgeous and perfect for any winter card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully designed; love the mittens!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable mittens!! Love the texture and the background die is awesome! Fun card! Happy New Year and many blessings & favor in 2024!

    ReplyDelete
  6. mittens are so cute and the snowflakes are so pretty with it!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI Karen, I love every single pretty detail about this card, the mittens, the layers, the colors, well you get my point, it is absolutely beautiful! PS: Don't forget to add our January mood board for the challenge...have a happy new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of the elements you used for your wonderful card. I love the little pieces that pop out from your cover plate. Your felt mittens, all the wonderful snowflakes, that little clip in the corner... all great detail. I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful combination of elements! And I love the way you used the colours from our mood board. Thanks so much for joining us at Peace on Earth!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful combination of elements! I love the way you used the colours from our mood board. Thanks so much for joining us at Peace on Earth!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the card and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet card this is, I too love the colour combination you have used, the blue background die adds extra interest to your sparkly snowflakes and wonderful woolen mitts. Adorable!!
    Wishing you all the best for the season and a Happy creative 2024 Tracey x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.