Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Winter Love at The Card Concept

It's time for the first challenge of the new year at The Card Concept, and we'd really love to have you join us.  The more beautiful art we get to see, the better.  I truly believe that we all inspire each other in some creative way.  The more cards you share, and the more places (challenges) you share them in, the more people who are able to see and enjoy your art.  With that said, I really do hope you'll join us this month.
My card uses a cute sectional frame die-cut that I used to create the base of my card with red and white cardstocks.  This gave me a place to stamp my sentiment and add the elements from the inspiration photo that spoke to me (along with a few other things I found in my craft room).  The sentiment, holly berries and ivy, tiny tree, hearts, peppermint candy sticks, and cupcake are all from Paper Sweeties.  The house, some hearts, and circle tag are from Papertrey Ink.  I used some corrugated cardboard, a vintage dress pattern, some Little B red striped washi tape, rusty jingle bells, and some Black Baker's Twine.
If you have any questions at all about what I used on this card, please feel free to ask.  I don't mine one bit answering questions or helping you find bits and bobbits.  I know I tend to pile on a whole lot, and it does raise some questions.  I even covered some red cardstock with the striped washi tape to tie in the pattern (washi tape) I used on the roof of my little house.
Be sure to stop by The Card Concept to join us for this FUN challenge taking place all month.  To be eligible to win or make the Top 3, you do need to post the beautiful inspiration photo (below) and check the challenge rules for details.  I can't wait to see what you will make to share with us.
How does the inspiration photo speak to you and to your creative mind?  I can't wait to see.

I'm sharing my card here:

The Holly & The Ivy Christmas Card Challenge Blog - Challenge #154 - Anything Goes - Happy New Year - I combined my Christmas theme including candy sticks, Christmas tree, and jingle bells.

TIME OUT Challenge Blog - Challenge #254 - NEW - I'm using a new frame die-cut, new washi tape, and I'm celebrating a brand-new year of crafting.  This is my Entry #3/5

Farm Quest Country Christmas Challenge Blog - Challenge #4 - Anything Goes - I love using a rustic, vintage, country feel to all my cards; but most especially my Christmas cards.  This one includes the little barn/house and rusty jingle bells as some of my country accents.

Blessings,
Karen

9 comments:

  1. So many elements added to this beautiful card. Love the framework. Hugs MrsA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely take on the inspiration photo! I love the die’s that can make a shadow box type look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen - I saw this card and I love it- perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Karen for discovering FQCCCB and sharing your fun mix of Christmas, food, nature, and wintery elements inspired by the tiered tray image! Those trays have been very trendy during the past 2 years or so and I think it's fun that it spilled over into paper-crafting for a card challenge prompt!!! Superb card! --Becca

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. Your card would also suit the new challenge blog I started during the past month called FarmQuest HomeStyle Kitchen challenges blog. Each month's theme is 'anything food goes' with the option "to include a country farmhouse vibe". Competition started January 2 and ends on Jan 31 in case you want to link this card or any others. Thanks again for sharing at FQCCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love your wonderful collage of Christmas images in their white "windows" framed in that luscious red. I especially love the corrugated bits. Super card. Thank you so much for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so adorable, love what you have done with each of these sections!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful card, Karen. Love all the elements you have added to make this beautiful card. Love it. Thank you so much for joining us at Time Out. Hugsxx Deepti

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen, I absolutely LOVE how you used that die cut to create a fantastic card design! Great job piling on all the tiny embellies. Thanks so much for supporting our little challenge at FarmQuest Country Christmas.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.