Saturday, January 13, 2024

Wishing You Love.....RRR Blog Hop

Thanks for stopping hy my blog today, creative friends.  I'm so glad you're here.  You may have arrived by way of Misty's Blog; or you can catch up by visiting the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog.  But to be fair (and kind), please leave a comment on each blog along the way.  It's a very short hop.  Then, there's one final question on your next and final stop; which is at the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog.
This card uses white watercolor paper that I rubbed with oxide inks to create the background.  I splattered it with a mist of water.  I placed some inked hearts on the background to contrast with the background colors and yet compliment them.  This also gave my card the love and/or Valentine's Day element I needed.  The sweet sentiment I used is from Bonnie Garby Designs and it can be found in her Valentine Love Sentiments Digital Stamp Bundle.  These sentiments are SO sweet.
I ran a piece of adorable Light Pink Plaid Ribbon across the width of my card, and I secured it in place with a piece of Scor-Tape.  I love Scor-Tape because it comes in every width.....just like most of the ribbons do.  I tied a double bow with the Light Pink Plaid Ribbon as well as bow tied with a length of Apple Green Solid Baker's Twine.  You'll also see several light blue, pink and milk white Double Head Stamens.  The Light Pink Plaid Ribbon also has a DARLING 💗Faux Pearl 16mm Buckle Slide.  Another cute Embellishment.
We really want to be your #1 Go-To RIBBON store at Really Reasonable Ribbon.  Please take some time to stop by Really Reasonable Ribbon and look around at all the wonderful ribbons, trims, twines, flowers, adhesives, and so much more.  Thanks again for hopping along with us.  Remember, comment on each blog and you'll end up here at the always-inspirational Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog.  The PRIZES you can win by hopping along with us are a $10 gift card to Really Reasonable Ribbon and a free digital stamp set from Bonnie Garby Designs.  Please join us.

I'm playing along here:

Allsorts Challenge - #763 - Make Your Own Background - I did this by rubbing oxide inks onto white watercolor paper and spritzing it with water.

Blessings,
Karen

13 comments:

  1. LOVE the colors and the pink gingham is my FAVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Valentine's card, Karen! The plaid ribbon and embellishments are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty and colorful card and that bow is amazing. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun color combo for Valentine's Day, Karen! And your bow is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun color combination for Valentine's Day, Karen! And that bow is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet, lovely card! The ribbon adds the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet Valentine card! Love the bow dimension. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the background and the hearts! Just great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Valentine card Karen, such a pretty design. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week using the Make Your Own Background option.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow what a beautiful creation the colours are so delicate that bow is awesome a brilliant card thank you for joining us at Allsorts
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Karen! A wonderful mix of colors; love how non-traditional they are for a Valentine. I love the green yarn with the pink checked ribbon and all the hearts make this so sweet. I need to get my inks out to play... hugs, Becca

    ReplyDelete
  12. This turned out so beautifully and love the gorgeous colors. Such a beautiful bow too! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.