Wednesday, September 11, 2024

New Autumn Challenge at The Card Concept

It's for another fun and fabulous challenge over at The Card Concept and we sure hope that you'll join us.  There's a gorgeous inspiration photo to give you a starting point for your creativity; but you're really welcome to share pretty much anything that the photo inspires you to create.  We are super excited to see what you will come up with for this awesome challenge.
For the challenges at The Card Concept, you aren't ever required to take the inspiration photo literally.  For example, the photo shows lots of beautiful flowers; and yet, I didn't use flowers as my focus.  I used a few flowers as simple little accents.  I was more so inspired by the amazing colors in the photo.  Since this is first Autumn challenge, I went with an Autumn theme by using the darling Bushel Basket Die and Botanicuts Apple Dies from The Greetery.  I used Crate Paper (Farmhouse) patterned papers, white watercolor paper, and lots of oxide inks.
The background (frame) is the Frosted Frame Die, also from The Greetery.  The sweet little sentiment is from Paper Sweeties.  By the way, I'm selling A LOT of my Paper Sweeties products if anyone is interested.  I hadn't used these Farmhouse patterned papers in quite a while, and now I remember why I've always loved them so much.  They're SO fun.  The sentiment was cut using a Fishtail Banner Die.
The Bushel Basket Die is awesome, isn't it?  It's already got the woodgrain marks, so I just rubbed it with oxide inks and did some painting and splattering.  It's one of those where you really can't go wrong because it's just SO CUTE.  Whatever speaks to your creative side when you look at the inspiration photo will be perfect.  It might be the colors, the hat, the flowers, the ribbons, or anything that calls to your creative side.  We LOVE seeing what you come up with to share in our challenges at The Card Concept.
Head on over to The Card Concept today and play along with us.  It's always more FUN when everyone can play along.  The same is true of my challenges at Word Art Wednesday.  I hope you'll join our challenge there as well.  Our current sponsor at Word Art Wednesday is the wonderful Lawn Fawn ($25).  Whatever you create, you can link them up at BOTH of these fabulous challenges.  I hope to see you there.
I'm playing along in the following challenges:

Stencil Fun Challenge Blog - Anything Goes w/Stencils - September: Optional Fall Theme - I used a stencil called "Leaves" by CB Stencil Art, and I created a Fall/Autumn card.  I love to play along here whenever I can.

TIME OUT Challenge - Challenge #271 - Friendship/Encouragement/Support - I'm entering the top card that says "Thankful For You" - This card is to let my BFF know how incredibly grateful I am to have her in my life.

The Paper Funday Challenges - Challenge #69 - Anything Goes - Optional: Make Your Own Background - On the first card I entered (top), I used all patterned papers for the background.  For the second card, I used a stencil on my sentiment.

Blessings,
Karen

6 comments:

  1. Absoluty gorgeous cards, touch country style so perfect, i like the cards whith texture and layers , so real scrapcards for me 😅
    Congrats 😊💐 have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two gorgeous cards Karen! I'm so glad you shared your card at Time Out as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your apple card, Karen. Perfect for Fall and our challenge at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful pair of cards Karen - great use of the theme photo in your first one, and I love the colours on the WAW one - that is beautiful
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are just BEAUTIFUL Karen! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our STENCIL FUN challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth,Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power, Love Those Pretty Papers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, and both just scream Autumn! Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at The Paper Funday Challenge and best of luck in the draw!
    Donna xx
    Paper Funday Challenges
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.