Friday, October 4, 2024

Pumpkin Patch Fun

I'm not a big fan of Halloween.  However, I always look forward to this special evening because I get the opportunity to share the Gospel (the good news of Jesus Christ our Creator, Lord and Savior) with about 100 kids and their families.  They come knocking on our door looking for some tricks and treats, and I've always got some really cute goodies bags ready that include a gospel tract, some little Halloween novelty toys and candy.  When they get home and go through their candy, it's our prayer that they will read the tract tucked inside and, at a minimum, be challenged to think about God's incredible love for them.
I used basic black cardstock layered with a JilliBean Soup orange polka dot patterned paper, and then a piece of basic white cardstock that I cut using the Fadoodles Frames Scalloped Rectangle Dies from Whimsy Stamps.  I rubbed that entire piece with Citron Oxide Ink and then stencilled the background with Pumpkin and Concorn oxide inks.
The cute stamp set I used is called Too Cute to Spook from Simon Says Stamp.  It's about two years old and is retired/out of stock.  I still love using it, and it's one of the very few Halloween stamp sets I own.  I colored the images with my Copics just a bit.  I tied a length of Apple Green Gingham Ribbon around my card and tied a bow with it.  The little tag is from 7 Gypsies and the sentiment is a Melissa Frances rub-on from my stash.
I made this sweet little card so that I could play along in a few challenges where I enjoy entering when I can.  I hope you're having fun creating cards and playing along in some fun challenges.  Have a blessed and creative week, everyone.  Thanks for the visit.

I'm playing along in the following challenges:

Stencil FUN Challenge - October: Anything Goes w/Optional Halloween Theme Using Stencils - I used a fun Halloween words stencil on this card.

Double D Challenges - To Spook or Not to Spook - This card should spook you.  BOO!

Two Old Bats Challenge Blog - October:  Anything Goes Halloween

Craft Rocket Challenges - October Challenge #119 - Halloween/Autumn

Blessings,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.