Making Birthday cards is always a lot of FUN because you're usually thinking about the person who will be receiving it while you're creating it. Whenever I use my die-cuts from Poppystamps, it's always a fun creative time. These lovely dies make it SO easy to create pretty cards. Just look at this sweet Birthday card I created using a few of Poppystamps wonderful products.
This card started with two cuts of basic white cardstock. The top white layer was cut using the Heart Pinpoint Frame Dies. This gave me a nice white base with lots of great texture. Next, I used the Fine Eyelet Frame Dies (second to the smallest size) to cut another piece of the white cardstock.
This is where I placed the focal images for my card (the darling balloons). I used the Festive Balloon Dies to cut all my sweet little ballons. I cut them from the same simple white cardstock that I rubbed with inks and splattered with water and paints. The balloon strings are pieces of DMC floss. I loved adding the distressed look on the balloons to give them some personality.
At the bottom of my card, I added the Happy Birthday sentiment using the Happy Birthday Tender Script Dies. I used the same ink colors to rub some shading on the backing of the words. The top piece is, once again, simple white cardstock. It's really a pretty simple card, and Poppystamps Dies make it so easy to create.
Thanks for visiting me here today, and please stop by my Instagram Page to Follow me there as well if you will. It's been such a struggle to try to get to 1,000 Followers there. But if I ever do, I'll be having a big give-away to celebrate. I appreciate every visit, every comment, and all your sweet input and inspiration. Have a blessed and creative week, everyone.
I'm playing along in these FUN challenges:
Seize the Birthday Challenges - Challenge #330 - I'm going with the Anything Goes option this timeA Cut Above Challenge Blog - July 2 Year Anniversary - Anything Goes using die-cuts
Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge Blog - Challenge #2629 - Anything Goes
Spread joy,
Karen





Absolutely gorgeous card, lobe the beautiful die-cuts and soft colours of the balloons. Sorry I don't do Instagram.
ReplyDeleteCarol x