Friday, September 25, 2026

Inking Cardstock w/Poppystamps and CutCardStock

Hello, creative friends, and thanks for stopping by today as I share a card that I created for CutCardStock using a few of their MANY fabulous cardstocks.  Truth be told, I would LOVE to own every single color of cardstock carried at CutCardStock.  Not only because they have every sweet color you can imagine, but also because of the amazing quality I've found in the cardstocks from CutCardStock.  Never before had I actually realized the difference between cards made with basic cardstock and cards made with those of the weight and quality found at CutCardStock until I held them in my hands.  You can honestly FEEL the differences as you hold the papers in your hands.  They're thicker, heavier, sturdier, crisper, and I really can't adequately explain how amazing they truly are.
For this card, I chose DCS Dolphin Gray as my first layer, Pop Tone Pink Lemonade for my second base layer, and a the lovely Lessebo Colors Premium Sweet Mint Cardstock for my top (cut) layer.  I used the Heart Pinpoint Frame Die from Poppystamps to cut that sweet top layer.  To cut my watering can I used a die called Nordic Watering Can (also from Poppystamps).  The colors I used for the watering can include more of the DCS Dolphin Gray, Pop Tone Pink Lemonade and Lessebo Colors Premium Sweet Mint Cardstock as well as some DCS Sea Foam Green Cardstock.  Here's where I get to the part about "Inking Cardstock".  Because not everyone has access to every single color of this high-quality cardstock, I like to make the most of what I do have.  So, when I don't have quite the exact color of cardstock I'd ideally prefer, I can simply ink blend the next darkest shade of whichever color I'm trying to match onto my existing color(s).
For instance, even though you see other colors on my card, these (above) are the only colors of CutCardStock that I used on this card.  I ink blended the Lessebo Colors Premium Sweet Mint Cardstock (top base color) with a darker green for my stems.  The Pop Tone Pink Lemonade was inked with a darker pink for all of the flower parts as well as for the inside color on the sentiment which was cut using the Poppystamps die called Hugs Moonlight Script.  It's mounted on a piece of the DCS Dolphin Gray Cardstock.  Oh, and my small "yellow" center piece on the one flower isn't yellow cardstock at all.  But rather, it's a piece of Heavy Cougar White Cardstock that I ink blended with yellow ink. If you'd like to see more of my ink blending process, you can find it on the CutCardStock Blog.  This is a great place to find lots of great inspiration using the fabulous cardstocks found at CutCardStock.
Thanks so much for visiting me here today.  If you have any questions about CutCardStock, I'm happy to help.  They also have amazing Customer Service that will assist you with anything you might want to know about these fabulous cardstocks.  Have a wonderfully creative week, and happy ink blending.

Blessings,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.