Monday, April 20, 2015

Girlfriends Challenge at The Kraft Journal

For this week's Anything Goes/Girlfriends Challenge at The Kraft Journal, I decided to make a sweet little tag for a friend.  I used a Blackboard Tag and inked the edges with white chalk ink to give it the chalkboard effect.  Next, I added a rub-on sentiment using my Bone Folder Tool.  To decorate the Blackboard Tag, I added a pinwheel embellishment by attaching it to a Tim Holtz Memo Pin.  I also tied several lengths of Black Baker's Twine around the pin and at the top of the tag.
I also created a card to go along with the tag.  I will tuck the tag inside the card to give it to my friend.  This is a really great idea for birthdays when you want to give something a little extra without spending much.  Making a tag to coordinate with the card is just enough to let someone know that they are special.  Yet, it's still easy on the pocketbook.  I used a piece of Half-Size Blackboard Stock Paper and folded it in half.  This works great because it's the same size as all our small cards, and will fit those envelopes.  I attached a cut Dictionary Page to the Blackboard Paper to create the background.  Next, I added a coordinating Blackboard Tag that I inked with white chalk ink.  I attached a little sentiment sticker to it, and added a Jenni Bowlin Icon Flatback, some Black Baker's Twine and Natural Hemp Cord.  I also ran several lengths of the Black Baker's Twine around the card.
The Kraft Outlet has lots of great products that make crafting easy and fun.  And, their prizes are very reasonable.  You can pick up your cards, and all the goodies to go on top.  LOTS of great ideas.  Why not stop by The Kraft Journal Blog today, take a peek at all the inspiration, and play along in this week's challenge.  You will LOVE all that you see!
 
Before I run off, I'm linking my card/tag to the following:
 
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Create Your Own Background - For my tag, I simply inked the blackboard paper for my background, and on the card, I used a vintage dictionary page that I tore and inked to give it a vintage feel.
 
Have a blessed week, and thanks so much for stopping by.
God bless you,
Karen

6 comments:

  1. Hi Karen :Very nice as always! Miss you, hope you are having a wonderful time, got a couple of the challenges done but still have more to do have a safe trip back we will catch up then
    God Bless
    Hugs
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great idea for a extra little something, and both so pretty. Love your mini pinwheel and blackboard finishes along with white & black Baker's twine and pops of pink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nicely done, card and tag! I like to see the chalkboard technique, black and white always look so elegant and classy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful work Karen, and using black card to give a blackboard effect is stunning.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. J'aime les couleurs vives avec le noir, quel beau mariage...biz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous background technique, love this card.
    Thanks so much for playing along at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.