Sunday, April 28, 2019

Shine Like The Stars

Hello, sweet blogging crafty friends!!  I'm so glad that you've stopped by today; and while you're here, I hope that you will take a quick moment to leave me a comment.  I'd love to hear what you've been creating this week/weekend.  I was getting all caught up on some Design Team projects, and didn't get the chance to look around at what challenges and blog hops were taking place, etc.  Until this morning (as I was sipping my morning latte) during an internet surfing session, when I came across the new challenge at Mod Squad.  Well, I knew right away that I just HAD to play along.  However, I was scratching my head trying to think of a patterned paper line or stamp set that I owned that had anything to do with their theme this week, which is Stars/Galaxy.  I was beginning to think that I wouldn't be able to play along.  I had gone through ALL my stamps and just didn't have the appropriate set.  But then....I remembered this Simple Stories line I had purchased last Summer, and I knew I had seen stars in this line.  I pulled it out and picked just those things that I thought would fit into the Stars/Galaxy idea, and I did my best to come up with an appropriate card for the challenge.  This is what I created:

I used a kraft card base and attached the inked patterned paper, journalling sentiment card, stickers and such.  That's about it.  Very simple, I know.  But in all honesty, I was just really happy to be able to play along in this challenge.  I absolutely LOVE Pink & Main, and its sweet Owner, Michelle.  She's been such a blessing to me through her sponsoring at Word Art Wednesday.  This is why I just knew I really wanted to get creative enough to find a way to play along.  I sure do thank you for stopping by.  I hope you're crafting up a storm this weekend.

Blessings,
Karen

Come play along in these fun challenges with me:

Mod Squad Challenge Blog - Stars/Galaxy





5 comments:

  1. Beautiful and very stylish!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Karen! I'm back from my Birthday/Easter break... I went back to see what I've been missing and I see lots of beautiful designs! Your card is so lovely with all the stars and I like the soft subtle colors... really pretty! Have a great day! :)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. An adorable card! I know the feeling on not being able to find quite the right thing for a challenge. I know recently i used some patterned paper to fit a challenge, also, when I didn’t have any appropriate stamps. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your stars. Winners post nt done but it's you:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple may be Karen, but I love it!! great lateral thinking to be able to fit the theme
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.