Friday, November 20, 2020

Merry Christmas Y'all w/Really Reasonable Ribbon

Welcome back to my blog, everyone, and thanks again for visiting me today.  I hope you're all doing well, staying happy and healthy; and that you've had lots of time lately to create pretty things.  I always enjoy stopping by your blogs to gain inspiration, and I hope you enjoy visiting me as well.  It's always a treat when I find extra time to spend in my craft room creating things; and there are SO many great products at Really Reasonable Ribbon including the oodles and oodles of ribbons, laces, twines and trims they carry as well as all sorts of other goodies.  The projects I'm sharing with you today incorporate some of my favorites from Really Reasonable Ribbon.
I started with a red cardstock and then cut a black cardstock frame using a Taylored Expressions die-cut scalloped frame.  I added a patterned paper to the center of that, and incorporated several other patterned paper scraps/snippets that I machine stitched onto my base.  I used of lots of fabulous Scor-Tape to adhere all these pretty layers together.
I used a smaller frame from the same Taylored Expressions die-cut set; and cut my sentiment piece from vellum (outer) and cream cardstock (center).  I stamped my sentiment using a Paper Sweeties set  called Merry Christmas Y'all.  Next, I cut a SSS die to cut my snowflake and I covered it in ultrafine glitter.
I used an Echo Park sticker for the truck and a couple other small accents.  The green sprigs are from Crate Paper, and pretty much everything else is from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  This includes a length of Cherry Baker's Twine, Solid Black Baker's Twine, a Deep Ivory Open Rose, and some Black Miniature Double Head Stamens, Wine Red Double Head Stamens and Milk White Double Head Stamens.  There's also a Tim Holtz rusty paper clip and a few red prills on my card.
The tag I made was cut using the For You Sweet Cut Tag from Paper Sweeties.  I added some patterned paper and stickers (also Echo Park) to my tag.  I ran a width of Black and White Plaid Gingham Ribbon across the tag; and made a bow using the same Gingham Ribbon, some Cream Seam Binding, Black Seam Binding and Red Pom Pom trim.  There's never a shortage of pretty ribbons and trims at Really Reasonable Ribbon.  You'll also find Adhesives, Mulberry Flowers, Embellishments and SO much more.   Thanks SO much for stopping by, and please visit again soon.

Blessings,
Karen

I'm playing along here in these FUN challenges:
25 Days of Christmas Tags - This tag was inspired by Tracey McNeely's tag on Day 7 with her woodgrain background.  I just LOVED how it looked, and it inspired this tag.  I also loved Maria Patrick's fun ribbons atop her tag on Day 13, so I incorporated a bit of her inspiration as well.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Simon Says CHRISTMAS - I always enjoy making Christmas cards and projects, so this challenge was a lot of fun!

Dare 2B Artzy - November Challenge: Thankful - I'm entering my JOY TO THE WORLD tag because there's NOTHING for which I'm more THANKFUL than the JOY that came to the world at Christmas by way of the manger.  I'm THANKFUL for the Lord, Jesus Christ, who is God in human flesh.  He came to provide a way for us to get to Heaven.  Yes, I'm THANKFUL - Joy to the world.  The LORD is come.


6 comments:

  1. A wonderful looking card. I love the sentiment and the wood grain. The tag is great, too.[Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Echo Park Truck sticker - and all the lovely additions to your art work - A+ that is what I say! Beautiful work! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous vintage Christmas card Karen!
    Take care and stay safe.
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous and rich card this is Karen - love all the embellishments and ribbon you have used on both projects.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very pretty vintage looking creation Karen.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is just one faublous and fun tag!!! Thank you so much for playing along with Tracey's 25 Days of Christmas Tags!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.